Rohan hit on Neale

Surprised there was no thread for this.

What’s he getting... 2 weeks+ for potential to cause serious injury?

Maybe Neale’s suggestion of 3 weeks is spot on?

Contact was made with the jaw, so can't be staging.
If you pause at 9 seconds in the video it clearly hit him in the shoulder upper chest.

So intentional low body= fine or intentionally medium body= 1 week

or even if you insist it’s high then at most it could be intentional high medium = 2 weeks

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I know this will be an upopular view to the angry mob that's forming, and that's fine cos Rohan is a ******** anyway.

But this should be nothing - Lachie chipped him first and Rohan hit him across the chest as far as I can see (happy to be proven wrong).
Possibly Lachie should be copping some flak for staging and acting like his jaw was shattered.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
One week, lucky boy he didn't connect properly

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Depends how adventurous Chrisso wants to be.

Careless, high contact, low impact is a fine. No difference to the Tom Lynch ones from last year.

Strike so it has to be intentional.

Only question is low impact 1 week, or elevated due to potential to something more.

My guess is 1 week.

Smith will be on his own against us.

Should be 3 at least. sure neales fine, but an off the ball roundhouse from behind has no place in the game. At least dangerfield did a football act that just went a bit wrong.
Maritn on Robertson has showed us that Rohan will be let off

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Should be 3 at least. sure neales fine, but an off the ball roundhouse from behind has no place in the game. At least dangerfield did a football act that just went a bit wrong.

Good point.

Incidents in play ( mostly accidents, both going for the ball ), must be treated differently to off the ball incidents. Off the ball incidents, is where we should look at throwing the book, not two players colliding trying to win the ball.

As for this incident, Rohan got sucked in, retaliated with a lot more force. No excuses, 3 down to 2, as no damage was caused. Neale was being a bit cocky, but that is no reason for the heightened retaliation.

If you compare the Danger & Rohan incidents, I have more sympathy for Danger. Off the ball incidents, Rohan = very slow learner.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rohan could be cited for staging, according to Fox Footy

Edit: just watched the video. Neale falls like a sack of potatoes after a shoulder hit. He could not have been surprised that Rohan hit him as Neale hit him first.
Just watched video again and again...no contact with Neale’s jaw. He was staging. I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Just watched video again and again...no contact with Neale’s jaw. He was staging. I defy anyone to prove me wrong

On my own review, it looks like the wallop was to the arm / chest region, and then moved up. I think it had lost a lot of its momentum by the time it “brushed” anywhere near the face.

Rohan is a dill for retaliating with force, Neale will be a bit embarrassed stepping into his local pub.

Back