Rohan hit on Neale

Regardless of where Rohan connected he’ll be in consideration for 1-2 weeks
Yeah, round arming opponents off the ball at shoulder height, is not what we’d like to see in the game.

Needs a couple of weeks, regardless of impact.

Generalissimo

His Excellency
Jul 14, 2002
Somewhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
Couple of unrelated points

* Retaliation shouldn't be a defense but geez it gives me the irrits when the instigator does something reportable, as Neale did, but it doesn't get looked at because they're a protected species and the other guy hit back
* People whine and whinge (inaccurately) about Geelong getting a cushy run with the umpires but there is no dispute that we've had a horror run at the MRP and tribunal going back over a decade now
* If Michael Christian is going to tell porkies about where the impact actually occurred (it's clear from the video it wasn't high) then it should be challenged on principle even if you think a round-arm body hit should get a similar number of weeks

* Retaliation shouldn't be a defense but geez it gives me the irrits when the instigator does something reportable, as Neale did, but it doesn't get looked at because they're a protected species and the other guy hit back
* People whine and whinge (inaccurately) about Geelong getting a cushy run with the umpires but there is no dispute that we've had a horror run at the MRP and tribunal going back over a decade now
* If Michael Christian is going to tell porkies about where the impact actually occurred (it's clear from the video it wasn't high) then it should be challenged on principle even if you think a round-arm body hit should get a similar number of weeks
What did Neale do that was reportable? A bit of push and shove like what happens in every game? Compared to Rohan’s deadshit roundhouse.

Bloke deserves his two week holiday.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yeah I agree neale should be punished for instigating dont hink he can be suspended for that though. i said before it all needs to be wiped out stop with the low amount fines and start giving out $20,000 dollar fines players will start to worry then

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Generalissimo

His Excellency
Jul 14, 2002
Somewhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
What did Neale do that was reportable? A bit of push and shove like what happens in every game?

My rough heuristic for deciding if something is reportable is to imagine if Steve Johnson or Tom Hawkins did it. Neale's little off-the-ball jumper punches would be an automatic week off for those two blokes.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Neale deserves a fine, Rohan deserved a holiday.

Yep, 2 weeks is about right.

The only thing Neale got out of this incident is a GIF, telling us he only got 3 poccessions in the first half.

Rohan just enhanced his “drop kickness”, Neale would be embarrassed when he sees the replay.

My rough heuristic for deciding if something is reportable is to imagine if Steve Johnson or Tom Hawkins did it. Neale's little off-the-ball jumper punches would be an automatic week off for those two blokes.
Haha, bullshit it would.

Anyway, you and I both know why Rohan was suspended and Neale wasn’t. When was the last little jumper punch suspension?

Haha, bullshit it would.

Anyway, you and I both know why Rohan was suspended and Neale wasn’t. When was the last little jumper punch suspension?
Tom Hawkins I think, cats supporters can probably say when (my recall is 2019 or 20)

Tom Hawkins I think, cats supporters can probably say when (my recall is 2019 or 20)
Just looked up the footage, it’s incredibly soft to suspend for that but there’s also a vast difference in Hawkins punch and Neale’s last night. Neale probably should have copped a fine minimum if they want to cut that out.
Then again we have Toby Greene running around doing whatever the * he wants and playing the lottery, so 🤷🏻‍♂️.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Should be a fine only. Why penalise the rest of the competition by suspending him?

BTW, might be a few fines come out of that game.

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep, 2 weeks is about right.

The only thing Neale got out of this incident is a GIF, telling us he only got 3 poccessions in the first half.

Rohan just enhanced his “drop kickness”, Neale would be embarrassed when he sees the replay.

It's dumb though, Rohan doesnt clock anyone if he doesnt get clocked himself. It's clear as day, caught on camera.

I'm not suggesting that there should be a discount for provacation but if you clock someone and then get clocked yourself, you should bear some responsibility for inciting the incident.

I would have been ok with Neale getting a week and Rohan copping 2.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
It's dumb though, Rohan doesnt clock anyone if he doesnt get clocked himself. It's clear as day, caught on camera.

I'm not suggesting that there should be a discount for provacation but if you clock someone and then get clocked yourself, you should bear some responsibility for inciting the incident.

I would have been ok with Neale getting a week and Rohan copping 2.

My thoughts are on the same page as you.

Retaliate with similar force, Rohan upped the force level. Neale was no angel, he was having a shite game and was reacting very poorly. Rohan’s card has been marked along time ago, as a dill. Neale has just had his card marked, “susceptible to close pressure”.

My thoughts are on the same page as you.

Retaliate with similar force, Rohan upped the force level. Neale was no angel, he was having a sh*te game and was reacting very poorly. Rohan’s card has been marked along time ago, as a dill. Neale has just had his card marked, “susceptible to close pressure”.
Neale got off a bit in the second half with 13 touches. If he did that in the first half he’d have ended up from 25-30 which is up with the top disposal getters generally. Thursday will be interesting.

Thedeftouch

Club Legend
May 5, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Some interesting comments in this thread.

Rohan clearly hits Neale across the shoulder/neck and then the jaw (you can actually see the jaw pop up towards the end of the strike).

Pretty lucky to only get 2 weeks.

The accusations of staging against Neale are embarrassing.

Back