• Kvitova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bertens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully no one was talking up Thiem at 3-3 because Rafa in straight sets is still by far the most likely result.

Great effort from Thiem but he still might lose 6-3 6-3 6-3, and that's not a bad effort. Sadly, Rafa is unbeatable here.

3-2 down and Nadal breaks him next game, holds serve and then broke him again. Irresistible. 4 straight games of absolute champion perfection
GAME OVER.
Thiem had to play above himself to get 3 games, now the power and finesse of Nadal will be too much, not to mention the fatigue

Last edited:
Would much rather Nadal be the slam record holder.
I think Djokovic is the easy favourite to hold the slam record.

Federer is on 20 and almost done.

Nadal will be on 18 when he wins tonight. Since 2010, his record away from the French is 0 Australian Opens, 0 Wimbledons, 2 US Opens.

Djokovic is a year younger than Nadal and has the best all-round game to win on all surfaces.

Nadal may get to 21, but I'd pick Djokovic to reach 22.

I think Djokovic is the easy favourite to hold the slam record.

Federer is on 20 and almost done.

Nadal will be on 18 when he wins tonight. Since 2010, his record away from the French is 0 Australian Opens, 0 Wimbledons, 2 US Opens.

Djokovic is a year younger than Nadal and has the best all-round game to win on all surfaces.

Nadal may get to 21, but I'd pick Djokovic to reach 22.
Much rather Djokovic take Wimbledon, then Nadal US OPEN. Nadal then takes French open to match, while Joker takes Australian Open.

The Queen not appilcable in QUEENSland?
WA: last Monday in September
QLD: first Monday in October (coincides with Labour Day in ACT, NSW & SA), usually the day after NRL Grand Final

Little known fact that Queensland changes names depending on whether a King or Queen is the current monarch.
Queensland will revert to being called Kingsland when the Queen dies.

QLD: first Monday in October (coincides with Labour Day in ACT, NSW & SA), usually the day after NRL Grand Final

Little known fact that Queensland changes names depending on whether a King or Queen is the current monarch. Queensland will revert to Kingsland when the Queen dies.
Her true DOB is 21 April 1926

Little known fact that Queensland changes names depending on whether a King or Queen is the current monarch.
Queensland will revert to being called Kingsland when the Queen dies.
I thought they named it Kingsland after Wally Lewis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much rather Djokovic take Wimbledon, then Nadal US OPEN. Nadal then takes French open to match, while Joker takes Australian Open.
Let them share it.
One more Wimbledon for Fed, then retire, while Nadal and Djoker share the rest.

Come on smash him Nadal

Something about Thiem’s game that annoys me a bit
He's too similar to Nadal, a poor man's Rafa, or do you fear him taking over one day?
Same height and weight as Fed and Nadal.

One more Wimbledon for Fed
As with Serena, as each slam passes, it's getting closer to impossible that either wins another slam.

At 37-38 years of age, the drop off will be quick. This Wimbledon is probably Fed's last realistic chance.

Last edited:
As with Serena, as each slam passes, it's getting closer to impossible that either wins another slam.

At 37-38 years of age, the drop off will be quick. This Wimbledon is probably Fed's last realist chance.

Hoping someone smashes him early then so someone new comes through

How can you support Nadal then say something stupid like this? I'd be happy if neither ever win another slam.

How is Nadal winning the French every year consistent with wanting someone new to come through?

I’ve never liked Federer. I respect him yes but I’ll never want him winning more. Plus I want Novak or Nadal to get 20+.

I don’t find Thiem interesting. Tsitsipas on the other hand, yes please

Players to get 6 games in a set v Nadal in a French Open Final:
2005 - Mariano Puerta - 6–7, 6–3, 6–1, 7–5
2006 - Roger Federer - 3–6, 6–1, 6–4, 7–6
2007 - Roger Federer - 6–3, 4–6, 6–3, 6–4
2011 - Roger Federer - 7–5, 7–6, 5–7, 6–1
2012 - Novak Djokovic - 6–4, 6–3, 2–6, 7–5
2014 - Novak Djokovic - 3–6, 7–5, 6–2, 6–4
2019 - Dominic Thiem - 6-3, 5-7

Back