Rolling All Australian Team 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course I'd sh*t the bed, I'm 36 and unfit. They'd have a day out on me.

DeGoey is much more dangerous than any of those 3 and Sheppard's done the job on him numerous times.

All the defenders need to do is push them out to the 50 because other than Martin, they're rubbish shots on goal.

No issue with the point your making. You don't get selected because teams would be wary of them. That's garbage.

What is also garbage though is you saying that De Goey is a more dangerous player than Martin. What?? Martin has him covered in all areas.

No issue with the point your making. You don't get selected because teams would be wary of them. That's garbage.

What is also garbage though is you saying that De Goey is a more dangerous player than Martin. What?? Martin has him covered in all areas.
Around the ground yes. As a forward pocket? Not so much

Missed half the season and only kicked 3 less goals than Martin. As a pure forward, he is elite.

All Australian Team (Player, Rank, Points, AFL Fantasy and Supercoach):

Neale:
Rank 1, 1,666 Points- Rank 1, 2,284 Points
Adams: Rank 3, 1,556 Points- Rank 15, 1,863 Points
Steele: Rank =5, 1,546 Points- Rank 2, 2,082 Points
Macrae: Rank 7, 1,532 Points- Rank 5, 2,057 Points
Petracca: Rank 11, 1,469 Points- Rank 7, 1,998 Points
Guthrie: Rank 15, 1,443 Points- Rank 30, 1,755 Points
Bontempelli: Rank 17, 1,426 Points- Rank 8, 1,974 Points
Boak: Rank 18, 1,423 Points- Rank 14, 1,868 Points
Dangerfield: Rank 21, 1,389 Points- Rank 10, 1,936 Points
Gawn: Rank 22, 1,385 Points- Rank 9, 1,958 Points
Daniel: Rank 50, 1,206 Points- Rank =34, 1,726 Points

Hawkins: Rank 52, 1,203 Points- Rank 23, 1,799 Points
Haynes: Rank 53, 1,202 Points- Rank 41, 1,672 Points
Ryan (Luke): Rank 54, 1,199 Points- Rank 18, 1,824 Points
Sheppard: Rank 56, 1,197 Points- Rank 63, 1,559 Points
Martin: Rank 57, 1,195 Points- Rank 51, 1,613 Points
Naitanui: Rank 81, 1,095 Points- Rank 28, 1,768 Points
Byrne-Jones: Rank 90, 1,074 Points- Rank 90, 1,398 Points
Ryan (Liam): Rank 134, 950 Points- Rank 124, 1,296 Points
Dixon: Rank 137, 941 Points- Rank 73, 1,485 Points
Moore: Rank =177, 828 Points- Rank 129, 1,281 Points
Andrews: Rank 283, 629 Points- Rank =147, 1,224 Points

Well there it is some truly meaningless crap or is it truly meaningless crap.

Around the ground yes. As a forward pocket? Not so much

Missed half the season and only kicked 3 less goals than Martin. As a pure forward, he is elite.
As is Martin if he only played forward. But he's actually good enough to do both, so was always gunna be a lock after his ridiculous omission last year. Why on earth would the selectors or you even consider Da goey when he missed half a season. Almost sounds like a whinge just for the sake of one hey? A much loved and adored WC pastime yeah?

All Australian (Team Of The Last Ten Years):

Backs:
Tom Stewart- The modern day Corey Enright, does it all.
Alex Rance- Five time selected, four consecutive at full back.
Corey Enright- Mr reliable, does it all with little fuss.

Half Backs:
Shannon Hurn- Penetrating kick who reads the game like a book.
Jeremy McGovern- Marking royalty and skin fold icon.
Robert Murphy- creative genius who thrived at half back when shifted.

Midfielders:
Andrew Gaff- Gut running player who actually played on the wing.
Dustin Martin- Match winner as a mid or forward.
Dan Hannebery- Gut running player who actually played on the wing.

Half Forwards:
Patrick Dangerield- Selected eight times, five on the forward flank.
Lance Franklin- The ultimate mismatch, volume beast who can rack them up.
Cyril Rioli- Mr influence forget about the statistics.

Forwards:
Eddie Betts- Three consecutive selections, impossible to ignore.
Josh Kennedy (wc)- Dominant goal kicking machine also with three consecutive selections.
Tom Hawkins- Bear in the square who took awhile to "Hit his straps".

Followers:
Max Gawn- Four selections got big Max across the line, great tap work.
Nat Fyfe- Helicopter flying, road train driving football machine.
Gary Ablett Jnr- Four consecutive selections for the little master, auto pick.

Interchange:
1- Scott Pendlebury- Too good for the bench, carries himself extremely well.
2- Dane Swan- Mr rotations made to impact off the bench.
3- Joel Selwood- Plug and play inspiration.
4- Robbie Gray- Mr natural who can do it all, pre-knee was incredible, post-knee still good.

Don't blame me this team is picked by the selectors, i just did the typing.
You forgot Sam Mitchell

As is Martin if he only played forward. But he's actually good enough to do both, so was always gunna be a lock after his ridiculous omission last year. Why on earth would the selectors or you even consider Da goey when he missed half a season. Almost sounds like a whinge just for the sake of one hey? A much loved and adored WC pastime yeah?
When did I say De Goey should be considered for AA in 2020?

You should learn to read before espousing such nonsense but clearly being literate is not a much loved and adored pastime for Richmond supporters.

Sam Mitchell was selected in 2011 in the Centre in 2013 at Half Back and 2015 on the Bench so he did have the versatility and ability, but in the selectors mind did not own his position. Between you and me the selectors are a bunch of dicks and should all be sacked.
Exact point I was trying to make few pages ago. Without a doubt the best Half Back over that decade was Luke Hodge and one of the 3 best midfielders was Sam Mitchell. But because of there versatility and sacrifices they made for the team they never just played the one role that suited them consistently enough to to be in contention for multiple AA jackets in that role. Instead they just took there team to 4 grand finals and 6 final series in a row.

Exact point I was trying to make few pages ago. Without a doubt the best Half Back over that decade was Luke Hodge and one of the 3 best midfielders was Sam Mitchell. But because of there versatility and sacrifices they made for the team they never just played the one role that suited them consistently enough to to be in contention for multiple AA jackets in that role. Instead they just took there team to 4 grand finals and 6 final series in a row.
Hawthorn used players where they could control the set up and general flow of the game as it unfolded in front of them, on field coaches to give them a title and Luke Hodge loves a title. Just point at the trophy cabinet because the rest really does not matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back