Analysis Rolling All-Australian team for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Well im going to go against the flow of this thread and constantly talking up your own teams players

Nicnat is our only chance - havnt seen much consistency elsewhere on the ground.

I'm the same. Haven't watched enough opposition games, so my perspective is "I'd be surprised if anyone has clearly outperformed Tom Stewart for a spot" (but I could be wrong) and no-one else from Geelong has locked in a spot yet. Guthrie and Duncan (before getting injured on the weekend, so he's not making it) were going well, but not in a "he absolutely has to be in" kind of way with so much competition in the middle. It probably just strengthens Stewart's credentials to be honest, because they'll have at least one Geelong player if the Cats stay in the top 3-4.

Similarly, Hawkins and Cameron have given themselves a chance if one or both play out of their minds over the final two and a bit months, but certainly not there as it stands.

One of Parish's quieter games yesterday but he was still amongst our best and kicked the winning goal.

Shows how good he’s been when a 24 disposal, 6 clearance, 1 goal and 2 goal assist game is considered a quiet one.

It is as much the polish on his disposals that is impressive.

For me at this stage, he starts with Oliver and Miller with the three feasting on Gawn's efforts. Imagine how much Miller would relish working with the other three.

Top 10 in goals and goal assists after round 14:

1. Taylor Walker 49 (37/12)
2. Harry McKay 45 (41/4)/Tom Hawkins (30/15)
4. Jack Riewoldt 44 (34/10)/Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (29/15)
6. Josh Bruce 41 (37/4)/Josh Kennedy (28/13)
8. Toby Greene 40 (27/13)
9. Ben King 38 (34/4)/Jack Darling (38/10)

Post round 14:

FB: Jake Lever - Harris Andrews - Tom Stewart
HB: Bailey Dale - Aliir Aliir - Daniel Rich
MF: Hugh McCluggage - Darcy Parish - Jackson Macrae
HF: Christian Petracca - Taylor Walker - Toby Greene
FF: Tom Hawkins - Harry McKay - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
OB: Max Gawn - Marcus Bontempelli - Clayton Oliver
IC: Tom Liberatore - David Mundy - Touk Miller - Ollie Wines

Only one change with Miller coming in for Boak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who comes out for him in an already strong group?

He should be in discussion at least.

Why Bailey Dale ahead of Nick Hind? Their stats are almost identical but I would argue Hind is even more damaging with his pace and x factor. Both have great foot skills of both left and right.

Not saying he's a definite starter but he should be right in the frame

He should be in discussion at least.

Why Bailey Dale ahead of Nick Hind? Their stats are almost identical but I would argue Hind is even more damaging with his pace and x factor. Both have great foot skills of both left and right.

Not saying he's a definite starter but he should be right in the frame
It's hard for me to comment without being biased, so all I can do is say Dale is one of the most important pieces in the defence that has had the 2nd lowest points conceded. I disagree that Hind is more damaging - Dale has an extremely penetrating and accurate kick as a point of difference. He's also well above average in terms of pace. Comparing the numbers, you do make a good point in that their stats are near identical.

Happy to concede that he should be in the discussion, having taken a closer look just at the stats (he's been decent from what I've seen of Essendon, but hadn't really given him much consideration). I think if the season ended right now, it'd be Dale who makes the AA team/squad if it came down to just one of them, purely because he plays for the higher ranked team (which has a strong influence on a player's selection) but there's still 10 rounds to go so who knows

Yep, Cameron ran him ragged but has been a good intercept player.
I dont think Aliir has ever gone near Cameron before. Might explain it.

One of the best matchups in the game for donkeys years has been Rampe's complete dominance over Cameron. Its just a perfect matchup and i cant recall Aliir at Sydney ever going near him.
First game on Cameron. He got a bath.
Had a v good season though other than that game. Port must be happy. How about a 1st rounder for him to come home ????

Josh Kelly’s is pushing hard for a wing spot .... After a slow start where he was playing forward more he has been excellent the last 6-7 games

I dont think Aliir has ever gone near Cameron before. Might explain it.

One of the best matchups in the game for donkeys years has been Rampe's complete dominance over Cameron. Its just a perfect matchup and i cant recall Aliir at Sydney ever going near him.
First game on Cameron. He got a bath.
Had a v good season though other than that game. Port must be happy. How about a 1st rounder for him to come home ????

Cameron didn’t exactly tear the swans apart this year but 3 goals was hardly a poor performance

Yepp, Rampe was out injured.
Good game that one. Can you remember the result i've forgotten ?

We lost. You beat us. What’s your point?
In 3 of the 4 games they played against one another before that, Rampe gave up 15 shots on goal to him.

edit: if you go back one game further, Cameron kicked 4.4

so in his last 5 games against Rampe, he’s had 23 shots on goal in 4 of them. In the other he kicked 1.

before that:

I don’t think Rampe has blanked him near as much as you think he has

Last edited:
We lost. You beat us. What’s your point?
In 3 of the 4 games they played against one another before that, Rampe gave up 15 shots on goal to him.
Try not to twist stats to suit. Anyone who has ever watched it knows it.
Granted "Junktime Jeremy" has kicked a cpl of cheapies in the games after it was all over, and/or Rampe has done the deed.

Good to see Cameron has finally played a game this year without the ski's on. Was a bad habit far too often at GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back