Analysis Rolling All-Australian team for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Libba has 20 more clearances than the next player (Hugh Greenwood)
Insane numbers. Not sure he's flashy enough to get a nod though

Honestly no idea how you could have that impression of Keath, he's been outstanding for us.

There is a LOT of defenders. He’d be a chance with about 15-20 others. There are a lot of defenders having great seasons

What position does everyone have Dusty in? I’d go HFF but you could put him anywhere

Depends on his final goal tally. I’d rather pick forwards in the forward line though.

Honestly no idea how you could have that impression of Keath, he's been outstanding for us.
In comparison to Lever, May, Weitering, Andrews, Alir, Stewart and even Moore when he's played KPD he is miles off them. Their influence on games is plain as day miles ahead of Keath. He's just supported by the best midfield in the comp so is exposed less than he normally would

What position does everyone have Dusty in? I’d go HFF but you could put him anywhere
Honestly, as a pure mid, he's not in the top group. As a pure forward, if we fixate on goal tally, he's not in the top group. Yet as a player overall, he simply has to be shoehorned in somewhere because he's clearly among the best players in the competition. He's a good example of why people shouldn't fixate too much on picking a certain number of each type of player. He gives merit to the argument of throwing random players throughout the wings and forward line even if they don't appear to belong

In comparison to Lever, May, Weitering, Andrews, Alir, Stewart and even Moore when he's played KPD he is miles off them. Their influence on games is plain as day miles ahead of Keath. He's just supported by the best midfield in the comp so is exposed less than he normally would

Among others too, honestly every side has 1-2 defenders. Taylor from GWS I’d almost pick myself

This is an ignorant take. Keath is arguably more exposed than all of them because he's the sole tall in the Bulldogs back line. He's statistically ahead of most of those guys in multiple defensive areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an ignorant take. Keath is arguably more exposed than all of them because he's the sole tall in the Bulldogs back line. He's statistically ahead of most of those guys in multiple defensive areas.

Surely the number of one-on-one contests a defender has per game is the best indicator of how exposed they are.

It’s only 2.2 a game for Keath, which is far less than others being talked about.

Poor old Weitering is handling 6.3 a game and Liam Jones 5.4 a game.

Cordy is actually the most exposed at the Bulldogs with 3.8 per game.

Surely the number of one-on-one contests a defender has per game is the best indicator of how exposed they are.

It’s only 2.2 a game for Keath, which is far less than others being talked about.

Poor old Weitering is handling 6.3 a game and Liam Jones 5.4 a game.

Cordy is actually the most exposed at the Bulldogs with 3.8 per game.
Probably because the Bulldogs play zone defence? Which is why they play very few falls to begin with?

incredibly uninformed take. keath has the least one on ones of any of them

get a clue before spouting off as usual
You sound awfully angsty. I can only imagine how much you'll be foaming at the mouth if your precious Weitering doesn't get in the team.

Probably because the Bulldogs play zone defence? Which is why they play very few falls to begin with?

You sound awfully angsty. I can only imagine how much you'll be foaming at the mouth if your precious Weitering doesn't get in the team.
whether he does or doesnt, will not change the fact that you completely embarrassrd yourself by talking nonsense.

stop deflecting and try to learn for once in your life

whether he does or doesnt, will not change the fact that you completely embarrassrd yourself by talking nonsense.

stop deflecting and try to learn for once in your life
Haha, your anger is hilarious. Imagine getting this upset over someone rating Keath's year.

You're embarrassing yourself far more than I possibly could, kid.

keaths year has nothing to do with it.

your cluelessness is the issue
Nope. I said Keath has those guys covered in a number of defensive areas, and you got laughably cranky as a result. Its not my fault your club places so much burden on your tall defenders, but that doesn't mean Keath hasn't outperformed them in other areas.

Keep having a sook, whinger ;)

Nope. I said Keath has those guys covered in a number of defensive areas, and you got laughably cranky as a result. Its not my fault your club places so much burden on your tall defenders, but that doesn't mean Keath hasn't outperformed them in other areas.

Keep having a sook, whinger ;)
He's one of those blokes flying under radar. Been a good pick up for dogs

Are clearances enough to get Libba in? The other 4 in the top 5 average clearances aren’t being talked about, last week Mcgrath had 12 in a match yet his game wasn’t really rated.

Honestly, as a pure mid, he's not in the top group. As a pure forward, if we fixate on goal tally, he's not in the top group. Yet as a player overall, he simply has to be shoehorned in somewhere because he's clearly among the best players in the competition. He's a good example of why people shouldn't fixate too much on picking a certain number of each type of player. He gives merit to the argument of throwing random players throughout the wings and forward line even if they don't appear to belong
He is a HFF, he plays like a roaming front half role, sometimes as high as centre stoppages, sometimes deep forward from the goalsquare.

What would the backline look like this year so far

J Weitering
T Stewart
Grimes
May
Lloyd?
Andrews?

Something like that?
Salem has to be in there

Would probably be winning our b&f, equal 7th in the coaches votes and think he has polled in 7 out of 8 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back