Analysis Rolling All-Australian team for 2021

Gawn, Martin and Petracca are probably the only true locks at this point.
Dusty will get there but should be getting to borderline if he misses this week - means he’s played 6 and in one he was given a bath.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
An idiot is a little emotional after a bad performance by virtually everyone.

Petracca would be one of the first picked.

A measure of how well he’s travelling when 23 touches, 8 clearances, 8 score involvements and 539 metres gained is coming across as a bit ‘meh’ and disappointing to some.

He did seem a little off today, as did most of Melbourne’s big name players, but he also clean ripped the ball out of opponents’ hand at least three times. What would normally be a ball up turned into a break away - those impact things don’t show up on the stats sheet (maybe they do as clearances). He makes things happen.

marcmurphy3

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
[/QUOTE]

Depends on how you define a lock. If we are talking end of the season, nobody would be anywhere near a lock yet. If we are talking the team as of round 7 I would think Gawn, Macrae, Walsh, Oliver, Bontompelli, Walker, McKay, Petracca
Greene would all be pretty close to locks.

I actually wouldn't have Martin in the team at the moment. Been pretty average since round 2.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Is Hooker in or just outside right now? Same with Walla?

McDonald-Tipungwuti had a huge couple of weeks, must be in at this stage as has a lead on the other genuine small forwards for goals.

Plenty of players producing similar goal output as Hooker, so just outside as it’s hard to make a case for him over plenty of others if there’s a third tall forward.

McDonald-Tipungwuti had a huge couple of weeks, must be in at this stage as has a lead on the other genuine small forwards for goals.

Plenty of players producing similar goal output as Hooker, so just outside as it’s hard to make a case for him over plenty of others if there’s a third tall forward.
That's fair. I'd probably go with Riewoldt ahead of him.

Depends on how you define a lock. If we are talking end of the season, nobody would be anywhere near a lock yet. If we are talking the team as of round 7 I would think Gawn, Macrae, Walsh, Oliver, Bontompelli, Walker, McKay, Petracca
Greene would all be pretty close to locks.

I actually wouldn't have Martin in the team at the moment. Been pretty average since round 2.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah but with Martin it doesn't matter. He could spud it up for the rest of the year and still find himself in the team.

Only injury would stop those three being named at year's end in my opinion.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Dusty apparantly been carrying a niggle in the foot, noticeably been a bit off the last few weeks and just missed a game. Expect him to be better now that he's had some rest (assuming full concussion recovery) and getting to see his Dad would give him a lift.

An idiot is a little emotional after a bad performance by virtually everyone.

Petracca would be one of the first picked.
Yeah no Trac has been fine but there’s plenty of good midfielders in the competition who’ve been more consistent, including Oliver.

Back