Analysis Rolling All-Australian team for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

not really a complaint. It's mid year so means nothing.

Just pointing out that putting Libba ahead of Parish in the middle is an odd choice, Parish's stats are across the board much better. Why would you put Parish on a HFF when he doesn't even play that position.

They spoke about it on AFL exchange, it was a troll. They did it to troll all the Essendon supporters based off the fact that he was stuck on HFF forever.

AFL have released their mid season AA team.

- Don't like MIDs on the Forward Flank. If they aren't good enough for the Middle then get them out of the team.
- Toby Greene? wtf? Hasn't played in like 4 weeks? That's 1/3 of the season to date..... sh*t Choice.
- Tom Hawkins? wtf? There's about 4 forwards tat deserve it over him, namely Aaron Naughton. sh*t choice.
- Tom Libba starting in the middle over Parish? lol....see below...

View attachment 1149734
Midfield is a tick for me.
Parish is not an AA HFF. Tracc can be one. So i'll give them that
Dale missing.
Bolton missing
Don't have Greene or Weitering in
Merrett is in AA form
As is Miller (over Lyons, who has also been good and would be next in for me)

Lever May Stewart
Rich Andrews Dale
Macrae Libba Clug
Gawn Bont Oliver
Bolton Walker Tracc
Hawkins McKay Tippa
Parish Wines Salem Merrett
E: Miller

Midfield is a tick for me.
Parish is not an AA HFF. Tracc can be one. So i'll give them that
Dale missing.
Bolton missing
Don't have Greene or Weitering in
Merrett is in AA form
As is Miller (over Lyons, who has also been good and would be next in for me)

Lever May Stewart
Rich Andrews Dale
Macrae Libba Clug
Gawn Bont Oliver
Bolton Walker Tracc
Hawkins McKay Tippa
Parish Wines Salem Merrett
E: Miller

id swap Parish & Libba.

There's no one in my mind based on performances that Libba starts ahead of Parish. Just my opinion though.

They didn't when the original sub rule was in place so doubtful.
Yeah but the original was 3+1 on the bench; this is 4+1

AFL have released their mid season AA team.

- Don't like MIDs on the Forward Flank. If they aren't good enough for the Middle then get them out of the team.
- Toby Greene? wtf? Hasn't played in like 4 weeks? That's 1/3 of the season to date..... sh*t Choice.
- Tom Hawkins? wtf? There's about 4 forwards tat deserve it over him, namely Aaron Naughton. sh*t choice.
- Tom Libba starting in the middle over Parish? lol....see below...

View attachment 1149734

View attachment 1149737

Trash team. Proof journalists don't watch enough footy and generally have no idea

just my opinion, i am not saying hes been better than them but i think hes certainly is the discussion for top 5 mids this season, would easily have him ahead of wines and parish. Impacts the game on both ends more than them.

On what planet do you think Guthrie is "easily" ahead of Parish?

Not only is Parish a better Inside mid but he averages almost DOUBLE the meters gained that Guthrie does as well as Goal Assists.

pull the other one

1623125172311.png

just my opinion, i am not saying hes been better than them but i think hes certainly is the discussion for top 5 mids this season, would easily have him ahead of wines and parish. Impacts the game on both ends more than them.

Actually, you said he's been as good as Oliver and Petracca, which he clearly hasn't

On what planet do you think Guthrie is "easily" ahead of Parish?

Not only is Parish a better Inside mid but he averages almost DOUBLE the meters gained that Guthrie does as well as Goal Assists.

pull the other one

View attachment 1149948
stats can be very misleading, meters gained has now become one of the most overrated stats out there. guys that get their possessions in the back half have crazy numbers. i just think guthrie is better, and of course his numbers are gonna be lower when he is playing in a much better team and midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stats can be very misleading, meters gained has now become one of the most overrated stats out there. guys that get their possessions in the back half have crazy numbers. i just think guthrie is better, and of course his numbers are gonna be lower when he is playing in a much better team and midfield.

Stats aren't misleading. its how you read them.

If a player racks up Huge Disposals but has no score involvements than you can see that his stats are meaningless.

Parish for example is Averaging 31 Disposals & 8 Score Involvements. That means every 3.8 disposals end up in a scoring opportunity.

There is also absolutely nothing wrong with meters gained. All it shows is that when the player gets the ball they are moving it forward, rather than kicking it backwards. It is a very important stat.

No offence, but Parish is well ahead of Guthrie, and its probably not as close as you would like either.

Stats aren't misleading. its how you read them.

If a player racks up Huge Disposals but has no score involvements than you can see that his stats are meaningless.

Parish for example is Averaging 31 Disposals & 8 Score Involvements. That means every 3.8 disposals end up in a scoring opportunity.

There is also absolutely nothing wrong with meters gained. All it shows is that when the player gets the ball they are moving it forward, rather than kicking it backwards. It is a very important stat.

No offence, but Parish is well ahead of Guthrie, and its probably not as close as you would like either.
a player kicking it forward vs making a smart switch it what kills the meters gained. so many guys will kick it long and gained 60m then it costs them the possession. Someone that switches and makes the right decision and loses maybe 5m is negatively affected. I just think guthrie is a better player, I take no offense to you thinking parish is. Im glad he's having a good year, as an ex falcon ive been waiting for him to get inside mid mins and its been good to see.

a player kicking it forward vs making a smart switch it what kills the meters gained. so many guys will kick it long and gained 60m then it costs them the possession. Someone that switches and makes the right decision and loses maybe 5m is negatively affected. I just think guthrie is a better player, I take no offense to you thinking parish is. Im glad he's having a good year, as an ex falcon ive been waiting for him to get inside mid mins and its been good to see.

i guess what i'm saying is its not me thinking he is better.

he just statistically is.

didnt say he's been better than them, he's certainly better defensively than most if not all the elite mids

You said he’s been as good as any mid in the competition, that’s virtually saying he’s ranked equal number 1 midfielder for the year is it not?

I think May is overrated because he plays in a team which defends well partly on the back of a good midfield. He is not tracking well in the key stats compared with a lot of other defenders. How does Weitering pip Andrews?

Parish won't work as a forward pocket type. Either he is in as mid or not at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back