Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirgilHilts

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Warwickshire
I hope they find room at some stage for Curran and Archer / Stone. As good as they are, a line up of Anderson, Broad, Woakes and Stokes is a bit samey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

corbies

Spec Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Newcastle
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
If I was an Australia selector I would leave out Cummins.

View attachment 718563

Anyone remember his bowling on this pitch?
where he went 1 for 60..
then in the next test where another green top was laid down... he was banging the ball in half way down the pitch on a green wicket.
The bloke averages 22 at Test level with the ball. 22! And you're leaving him out?

Tayl0r

Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hopefully by this time tomorrow both Warner and Bancroft have passed their hundred and the English are regretting putting Australia in to bat first.

VirgilHilts

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Aston Villa, Warwickshire
Channel 4 in the UK has done a series on the 2005 Ashes. Is there anyway to view it in Australia?
To be honest it's not that much different to the one they did at the time, which is on YouTube. It's the same footage and the same story. The only real difference is that the interviews have been updated.

Seedsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not really a road if he’s the only one making runs on it.

I’m far from a fan of Wade, but there isn’t anyone who deserves another shot at test cricket as much as he does through sheer weight of runs.
Weight of runs? His had one season that he has made the top 10 of the run scorers list. Only one calendar with with more than 1000 first class runs in the last 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bwillow11

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Weight of runs? His had one season that he has made the top 10 of the run scorers list. Only one calendar with with more than 1000 first class runs in the last 5.
And who else has made 1000 runs in the last 5 years?

Geez your logic is stupid, he had an exceptional season of cricket and yet he still doesn’t deserve to make it in because he hasn’t achieved something almost impossible in this day and age for our cricketers?

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
So the “B” team that got 85 for England will be 8 of the team playing tomorrow, with only Curran, Stone and Leach (their best bat!) out. Good news if we pick appropriately and bowl accurately. Hazlewood a must IMO.

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
And who else has made 1000 runs in the last 5 years?

Geez your logic is stupid, he had an exceptional season of cricket and yet he still doesn’t deserve to make it in because he hasn’t achieved something almost impossible in this day and age for our cricketers?
Just because others haven’t done it doesn’t mean he has earned a way into a winning side.

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Awkward having Starc as the face of the CA App if he isn’t playing.

I’m unchanged with

Bancroft
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Marnus
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson
Hazlewood
Lyon