Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh that Cardiff pitch was a joke. Imagine going in to your second innings 200 behind after declaring at 5/550 odd..

A lot of really good batting pitches atm which is strange
that is not until at least the second or third ground we have to face.. so it is inconsequential...

just supposing.. winding up

Joe Burns has been diagnosed with chronic fatigue so looks like that will lock Harris in for the first test with Bancroft back in the squad as backup opener, unless he has a big second half of the county season. Personally rate Bancroft more than Harris so kind of hoping he does.

Last edited:
Joe Burns has been diagnosed with chronic fatigue so looks like that will lock Harris in for the first test with Bancroft back in the squad as backup opener.
That s**t is rough. Hopefully his symptoms can be managed well enough that he can keep playing.

Such a shame for Burnsy. One of the cricketers I most respect in this country, genuinely just goes out to make runs and not make a fuss.

Really disappointed with the Burns diagnosis. Wanted him in the XI for the series. Don't think Harris is quite good enough. Happy to be proven wrong though.

That's terrible for Burns and I hope it's something that can be managed and he can go on and continue to have a great career.

That being said I don't think he's up to Test Cricket long term and I think the selectors honestly knew that a while ago, he was only selected against Sri Lanka out of desperation.

Harris was disappointing after the India series but he does deserve the chance after more Shield runs, I still think Bancroft will be our best bet long term though.

Sky usually tend to broadcast the Ashes warmups so may be a chance there, generally don't make it onto Australian screens though. Having said that, with a now full-time cricket channel in action with Fox, we may be in luck

I was just surprised the Australia v Australia A game was given official first class status given I thought it was just going to be a practice game but sounds like they are taking it seriously
I didn’t realise that you meant that game I thought you meant when they played the Lions. So I agree it’s odd the it got first class status

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic to hear about Burns, hopefully feeling well rested after this past month. His efforts last summer with the bat while unknowingly battling this shows he may still have plenty left to prove on the international stage.

Really disappointed with the Burns diagnosis. Wanted him in the XI for the series. Don't think Harris is quite good enough. Happy to be proven wrong though.

I don't trust Burns against the moving ball.

Give him poor bowling and he'll feast on it more often than not, but Anderson/Broad in ENG is a different matter.

Give him poor bowling and he'll feast on it more often than not, but Anderson/Broad in ENG is a different matter.

Outside of Smith and maybe khawaja, I don’t trust any of our top order against the swinging ball

I understand the sentiment but Burns did pretty well in NZ against the moving ball and opens the batting at the Gabba with good results

I understand the sentiment but Burns did pretty well in NZ against the moving ball and opens the batting at the Gabba with good results

The only way Burns could get in is if Harris fails but might make the final squad as the 3rd opener,depends a lot over the next few weeks in the Aut A games.

marnus having a very good county season just hit over 1000 runs for glamorgan

interesting times ahead

I picked a squad of 17 a couple of months,back to the drawing board it seems.Did not have Marnus in that squad,had Maxwell in,not sure now on him.Could be a big game the Aust v Aust A game.

I picked a squad of 17 a couple of months,back to the drawing board it seems.Did not have Marnus in that squad,had Maxwell in,not sure now on him.Could be a big game the Aust v Aust A game.

Nah too early :))

yeah there is still heaps of cricket to be played..heaps to go before the Ashes squad is named....injuries form etc

As you said these Aust v Aust A game are going to be HUGE for selection... the likes of Burns, head patterson Usman. Bancroft, Will, Marnus Harris, Maxwell, Stoinis, M Marsh etc its going to be big

Its funny I reckon the only two locks in our top six atm are the two players who have missed the most test Cricket Warner and Smith :)

Might want to give up on the Maxwell in the Ashes thing! Bloke is flat out trying to not be dumb for more than 5 overs! He’s not going to be picked and nor should he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back