Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to sure possibly but 20 extra in 60 balls that makes it 80 that pretty pathectic from someone of his talent
The 20 extras would not have been 20 extra balls. Some of them would have been multiple wides in 1 ball.

Plus as has been mentioned and overlooked, everyone is happy to leave out Labuschagne despite the fact he has a lot more runs than Bancroft against the same county bowling attacks!!! But select Bancroft because he has made runs in Div 2 county cricket, but Labs runs in Div 2 County cricket don't count...

You all sound just like the Australian selectors!!!
I forgot Bancroft and Labuschagne were competing for the same spot.

Its interesting bagging Harris test record and saying Bancroft is better, Harris first series he averaged 37 against India, Bancroft first series he averaged 25 against England, both series at home. In that same Ashes series, Mitch Marsh averaged 80...

Bancroft got better when he had the added responsibility of being the sandpaper guy, doesn't Harris deserve the opportunity to have another go given he has done nothing but score runs since his last test and is the incumbent?

Plus as has been mentioned and overlooked, everyone is happy to leave out Labuschagne despite the fact he has a lot more runs than Bancroft against the same county bowling attacks!!! But select Bancroft because he has made runs in Div 2 county cricket, but Labs runs in Div 2 County cricket don't count...

You all sound just like the Australian selectors!!!
That horrible square cut with no foot movement that Harris scores bucket loads of runs playing at the MCG is basically the reason I have gone with Bancroft over him. Don't think he will get away with playing that shot in England. Didn't even get away with playing it on the Manuka highway against SL when there was the tiniest bit of assistance early for the bowlers. If he can put that shot away he should do ok.

Last edited:

Not long now. The Root factor will be so so crucial. Was obviously so important last year but he is no where near the form he was last time. In 2014 he averaged 97 and in 2015 he averaged 60. He's averaging mid 20s this year and 41 last year. We also won't have the same situation as last time where we lock ourselves into one bowler like we did last time with Johnson and Starc.

Interested in those with more cricket knowledge than myself does Wade play or not my mate who thinks he's Mr cricket says he's only there as 2nd keeper I'm no Wade fan but I'd play him he's been in great nick for a while

Interested in those with more cricket knowledge than myself does Wade play or not my mate who thinks he's Mr cricket says he's only there as 2nd keeper I'm no Wade fan but I'd play him he's been in great nick for a while

He’s going to bat 6. Basically is a pure batsman now.

I suspect he is largely there as a second keeper, a role he must never take, but might play as a batsman. I would have him in, but really 3-4 of the top six spots are very debatable. Only Warner, Smith and if fit probably Khawaja, would be certainties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's there as a bat, the fact he can keep means they didn't have to use up a squad spot on a second keeper and allowed them to shore up the weakest part of the team.

Two of them were one dayers batting on the M1 they don’t really count for much.
Not really a road if he’s the only one making runs on it.

I’m far from a fan of Wade, but there isn’t anyone who deserves another shot at test cricket as much as he does through sheer weight of runs.

Looks like Patto has got the nod which is fantastic. Can’t wait to see him fire up for us again.

It’ll most likely mean Starc misses out as both he and Pattinson are burst type bowlers and can’t be relied on to bowl long spells. The only way I see them both in the team is if Marsh comes in but that’s unlikely

Siddle, Cummins, Pattinson for mine with Bancroft and Wade the other multiple choice selections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back