Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they find room at some stage for Curran and Archer / Stone. As good as they are, a line up of Anderson, Broad, Woakes and Stokes is a bit samey.

If I was an Australia selector I would leave out Cummins.

View attachment 718563

Anyone remember his bowling on this pitch?
where he went 1 for 60..
then in the next test where another green top was laid down... he was banging the ball in half way down the pitch on a green wicket.
The bloke averages 22 at Test level with the ball. 22! And you're leaving him out?

Channel 4 in the UK has done a series on the 2005 Ashes. Is there anyway to view it in Australia?
To be honest it's not that much different to the one they did at the time, which is on YouTube. It's the same footage and the same story. The only real difference is that the interviews have been updated.

Not really a road if he’s the only one making runs on it.

I’m far from a fan of Wade, but there isn’t anyone who deserves another shot at test cricket as much as he does through sheer weight of runs.
Weight of runs? His had one season that he has made the top 10 of the run scorers list. Only one calendar with with more than 1000 first class runs in the last 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will have the better series Rory Burns or 2015 Adam Lyth?
It's an interesting question actually, because there's always someone who under-performs and someone who over-performs and someone who emerges.

Weight of runs? His had one season that he has made the top 10 of the run scorers list. Only one calendar with with more than 1000 first class runs in the last 5.
And who else has made 1000 runs in the last 5 years?

Geez your logic is stupid, he had an exceptional season of cricket and yet he still doesn’t deserve to make it in because he hasn’t achieved something almost impossible in this day and age for our cricketers?

Curran is a game changer and he gets left out !!
I would have pushed Woakes up the order and got him in over Denly .

Apart from having the " spin option" why not play him ahead of Ali? Surely Joe Root can bowl some handy spinners, even Denly can bowl some leg spinners.

And who else has made 1000 runs in the last 5 years?

Geez your logic is stupid, he had an exceptional season of cricket and yet he still doesn’t deserve to make it in because he hasn’t achieved something almost impossible in this day and age for our cricketers?

Just because others haven’t done it doesn’t mean he has earned a way into a winning side.

Cloudy, possible showers.
Pick the tight and swing bowlers. Not Starc.

Any one of Hazelwood, Nesser or Siddle are fine by me. All three bowl length, and that's all you need. It's not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back