Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the new ball is deadly, you pretty much always never need those extra bowling options.

I'd much rather extra batsmen considering this series is likely to be dominated by the ball.

They may bat to 9, but 7 of them average less than 30 in reality....

Cummins and Patto are certainly no mugs with the bat either, both of them average 20+
Exactly both Patto and Cummins can bat.

Also anyone who has seen Moeen Ali with the stick recently wouldn’t say they bat till 9.

Then again so many all-rounders can lead to a quick batting collapse

England are vulnerable, they would be completely exposed without their lower order strength. Their lower order was the difference between them and India in the 1st and 4th test last year.

I feel Australia's lower order is good enough to save face, England's is good enough to save the match.

I don't think Tim Paine has done his team any favours by saying in the press conference that he could name 15 more intimidating places to play than Edgbaston.

Said this before, but are a bunch of fat poms doing those silly chants going to rattle blokes with that degree of mental strength?

Surely

a) the concentration required to face Broad and Anderson etc makes it background noise.
B) You just laugh and realise how much better your life is than people that are paying to watch you play cricket.

Maybe if fielding on the boundary I can see it being annoying, but really been blown up a fair bit imo.

I wonder how Geoff Lawson is going to cope tonight? seeing they might drop Starc and Hazelwood both nsw players

And seeing they have already picked a Victorian in Pattinson Lawson must be going off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back