Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hick XII: Joe Burns, Cameron Bancroft, Steve Smith, Peter Handscomb, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine (c, wk), Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Jackson Bird, Chris Tremain, Nathan Lyon

Haddin XII: David Warner, Marcus Harris, Kurtis Patterson, Travis Head (c), Marnus Labuschagne, Will Pucovski, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins, Mitch Starc, Peter Siddle, Josh Hazlewood, Jon Holland.

I'll back the Haddin XII in quite comfortably.

Harris, Patterson and Labuschagne are flakey, Pucovski is young. Burns, Wade and Bancroft more likely to buckle down. Really just demonstrates that only Warner, Smith and to a lesser extent Khawaja are established international quality.

Yet with a far stronger bowling attack. Once Pattos got his 5 overs out of the way, I’d back the Haddin middle order to make more runs.
What, Patterson, who can’t buy a run? Head? Marnus? A rookie in Pucovski? On form, Wade would be more likely to hit runs than all of them. Burns also ahead of all of them.

I do agree that if Pattinson doesn’t fire, there’s not much else there. If it was Jhye Richardson instead of Tremain or Neser I’d be more confident.

What, Patterson, who can’t buy a run? Head? Marnus? A rookie in Pucovski? On form, Wade would be more likely to hit runs than all of them. Burns also ahead of all of them.

I do agree that if Pattinson doesn’t fire, there’s not much else there. If it was Jhye Richardson instead of Tremain or Neser I’d be more confident.

Head, Australia’s leading run scorer in tests since start of summer, Labuschagne who has been outperforming the great Bancroft in county cricket and Carey who has been in fine form in England.

Head, Australia’s leading run scorer in tests since start of summer, Labuschagne who has been outperforming the great Bancroft in county cricket and Carey who has been in fine form in England.
Head did well but his career is littered with starts that he doesn’t go on with. Labuschagne’s Shield and Test record isn’t forgotten because of a purple patch. And I didn’t mention Bancroft, he’s in the same largely untested group, though we know he has the ability to knuckle down.

Head did well but his career is littered with starts that he doesn’t go on with. Labuschagne’s Shield and Test record isn’t forgotten because of a purple patch. And I didn’t mention Bancroft, he’s in the same largely untested group, though we know he has the ability to knuckle down.

Head averages over 50 so far, whilst facing quality attacks. If he gets good starts and some good 70 or 80s every game then that's super valuable in the middle order. I'd rather have that than someone like Shaun Marsh who is either on or out for under 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez whats with the mouthbreathing bashing of Marsh?
Wasn't consistent but played many memorable innings full of guts and determination at test level.

er so Finch is sacrificed and Paine comes in? never sure as to how all these substitutions come about...
I know that there are other guaranteed pass marks coming in but too much change can only deal a disrupted ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back