Rolling EPL Team of the Season 2018/19

Almost halfway through the season and would like to hear your thoughts as the season progresses.

Mine so far:
GK: Alisson (Liverpool)
RB: Wan-Bissaka (Palace)
CB: Rudiger (Chelsea)
CB: VVD (Liverpool)
LB: Robertson (Liverpool)
RM: Salah (Liverpool)
CDM: Torreira (Arsenal)
CAM: D.Silva (Man City)
LM: Hazard (Chelsea)
ST: Aubameyang (Arsenal)
ST: Kane (Spurs)

I consider Sterling (9 goals and 6 assists) stiff. Ryan Fraser also with 8 assists. Kante has been moved out of position a bit but has still been good too. I've also got Laporte as the 3rd best CB in the league.

Any obvious players I'm missing?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Has to be a front 3 of Salah / Aubameyang / Hazard for me. Sterling stiff to miss out but you really can't argue against that front 3.

Can't argue with the defence that RossFC posted.

Not sure on midfield apart from Toreira who has been outstanding. I'd like to say Kante but not sure he has been particularly outstanding this season.

Sterling should be in there imo. Been one of the best in the league so far this season.
Yep I even said he's stiff. If Hazard was a CAM, I myself would have put him there over Silva and then put Sterling on the left.

Has to be a front 3 of Salah / Aubameyang / Hazard for me. Sterling stiff to miss out but you really can't argue against that front 3.

Can't argue with the defence that RossFC posted.

Not sure on midfield apart from Toreira who has been outstanding. I'd like to say Kante but not sure he has been particularly outstanding this season.

I went with 2 strikers and 2 wingers in a 4-4-2 diamond because I think in terms of CMs it's been a pretty weak year to have 3 in there.

Almost halfway through the season and would like to hear your thoughts as the season progresses.

Mine so far:

I consider Sterling (9 goals and 6 assists) stiff. Ryan Fraser also with 8 assists. Kante has been moved out of position a bit but has still been good too. I've also got Laporte as the 3rd best CB in the league.

Sterling & Sane are both miles ahead of Silva this season

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
GK: Ederson (Man City)
RB: Doherty (Wolves)
CB: van Dijk (Liverpool)
CB: Laporte (Man City)
RCM: Hazard (Chelsea)
CDM: Sissoko (Tottenham)
CLM: Fraser (Bournemouth)
RF: Salah (Liverpool)
CF: Aubameyang (Arsenal)
LF: Sterling (Man City)

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.

Mine so far:

That's pretty good. Only change I'd make is I'd move Salah up top next to Auba and bring in Sterling at RM with Kane to drop out.

Amazing to see so many LFC players in and we're not being bias given the year we're having. Long may it continue!

Mine so far:

Nice formation to accommodate the lack of 3 worthy CM's. Gets 4 quality goal scorers in too.

So the 4 best CDMs this season so far are Torreira, Kante, Sissoko and Fernandinho?

I feel like there is room for only 1 of these guys at this point. CDMs (and RBs) in the 2nd half of the season need to go up a level.

What do you guys reckon about Kane vs Sterling?

Kane got a goal today, is on 12 goals and 3 assists.
Sterling didn't add to his 9 goals and 6 assists.

I feel like Sterling has had the better season so far but also if I took Kane out of the team that would mean Spurs have no players in the side.

My possible scenarios would be either:
Kane and Auba up top with Hazard and Salah out wide,
Or Auba and Salah up top with Hazard and Sterling out wide.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
So the 4 best CDMs this season so far are Torreira, Kante, Sissoko and Fernandinho?

I feel like there is room for only 1 of these guys at this point. CDMs (and RBs) in the 2nd half of the season need to go up a level.
Andre Gomes? Or would you not consider him a CDM? Changed our season I felt.

Nobody plays with 2 strikers anymore. Has to be one of Kane / Aubameyang for me and Salah / Hazard either side of him.

Midfield Toreira / Kante / David Silva.
Spurs and Arsenal can pull it off. Burnley do it too, but can't pull it off haha.

Andre Gomes? Or would you not consider him a CDM? Changed our season I felt.
Good shout, He's been fantastic, has a real presence in midfield. I reckon he's been better than some of the CMs I mentioned too.

-------Hazard-Auba-Salah
------Gomes-Torriera-D.Silva
Robertson-VVD-Rudiger-WanBissaka
--------------Alisson

Other names thrown up in this thread: Ederson, Laporte, Doherty, Fernandinho, Sissoko, Kante, Sane, Fraser, Sterling, Kane

i think dinho is showing how good he is when he isnt in the team.
To me he's one of the biggest quiet achievers in the prem, Maybe he doesn't get talked about because of the other talent City have everywhere else on the pitch.

Delph and Gundogan can play there but not to the standard of Fernandinho. Very important cog in your side. Surely Pep will try to get another player like him in the summer.

Back