Rolling EPL Team of the Season 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Stat: Alisson / De Gea
Shots Faced: 47 / 84
Goals Conceded: 15 / 30
Save Percentage: 68.1% / 64.2%
Saves per Goal: 3.13 / 2.8
Clean Sheets: 13 / 4

Can you give me Fabianski’s stats in those 5 categories?

Interesting.

He has 4 clean sheets, and you could say it’s down to their defence... but Boj bristled at the suggestion a few of them need replacing.

So which is it. Does he have a shite defence in front of him or has he been average?
I bristled at the suggestion we needed a whole new back 4 which is bullshit.

Things have changed since Ole has come in as we arent camped on our 18 yard box for 90 minutes playing like we are ******* Burnley.

Are any of United’s defence worth keeping outside of DDG?

Might be harsh but none should be starter so if bids came in for them they should be considered
Lindelof has been excellent this season. We will buy a CB and another full back in the summer. Shaw, Bailly and Dalot can stay. Mike and Jones can * off.

I bristled at the suggestion we needed a whole new back 4 which is bullshit.

Things have changed since Ole has come in as we arent camped on our 18 yard box for 90 minutes playing like we are ******* Burnley.
I didn’t say that though.
I said 2 CB’s, a left back backup and a right back.

Bailly and Lindelof and Dalot and Shaw the keepers.

I didn’t say that though.
I said 2 CB’s, a left back backup and a right back.

Bailly and Lindelof and Dalot and Shaw the keepers.
All moot as he’ll be in N17 come September, but you’d be buying two CB’s and 2 FB’s. That would cost what I said it would so not sure why were even discussing this tbh.

yeah nah you didn't

you said a whole back 4 and a backtracking for some reason.
you’d be buying two CB’s and 2 FB’s”
“I said 2 CB’s, a left back backup and a right back.”

Same same different.gif
Don’t blame me for your poor interpretation.

Never once uttered the words “whole back 4”. Back in your box big fella :D

Reckon United do need a whole new defence. A couple of the current team would challenge for a starting place or be decent back-ups, but if United are serious about getting back to the top then they do pretty much need a new defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liverpool would have finished second had they not been focussed on the CL towards the end of the season. United never looked like the second best team last season, and even then they were miles behind City.

Liverpool would have finished second had they not been focussed on the CL towards the end of the season. United never looked like the second best team last season, and even then they were miles behind City.
that is really irrelevant mate and pure speculation.

that is really irrelevant mate and pure speculation.
How’s that irrelevant when I was answering a point about you finishing second that you brought up! Ok then you finished second last season, can’t take that away from you but I reckon many thought you were slightly fortunate to do so. I think the way your results have gone this season is more of a true reflection where you are right now. Liverpool have been better than you since they bought VVD, no one can argue with that

How’s that irrelevant when I was answering a point about you finishing second that you brought up! Ok then you finished second last season, can’t take that away from you but I reckon many thought you were slightly fortunate to do so. I think the way your results have gone this season is more of a true reflection where you are right now. Liverpool have been better than you since they bought VVD, no one can argue with that
It is irrelevant whether we looked like the 2nd best team when we finished 2nd. Pure speculation that liverpool would have finished ahead of us had they not concentrated on the champions league.

I think how we have gone since Ole came in is more reflective of where we are at, not the first half of the season BS under Mou. We have holes in our squad like every team does but some are blowing that way out of proportion. Couple of good signings and we are contending for the title next season imo.

On the VVD thing, i have never argued against that.

Thoughts on Ricardo Pereira for Leicester for a RB spot? I’m impressed with him every time I see him. His downfall is probably that he’s been put on the wing a bit.
Just as I hype this guy up he makes an error which costs Leicester the game.

Not surprised based off the very small sample size of a few games that we've been letting in goals.

We've had Henderson and Milner playing at RB and our 4th choice CB Matip playing instead of Gomez.

Plug those 2 holes and Alisson should be holding onto the most cleansheets and least amount of goals conceded stats he currently leads the league in.

Liverpool has still only conceded 11 shots in 5-6 games which is a good effort. But for them to be of the quality to concede 7 of the 11 is poor

Liverpool has still only conceded 11 shots in 5-6 games which is a good effort. But for them to be of the quality to concede 7 of the 11 is poor

I can only think of the 3rd goal vs Palace and possibly the first goal vs City (although that was struck with enormous power in the roof of the net) that were even saveable.

The rest were goals that were virtually unsaveable. So that stat means little at all.

The real stat is not having our first choice back 4 playing together since December. The Gomez / VVD partnership was stopping all sorts of chances, that is where the real difference has been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back