Rolling EPL Team of the Season 2018/19

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
He did it twice in about four minutes against West Ham ffs! He also did it in the Leicester match

The Leicester match in atrocious conditions? lol you are better than that. Twice in 4 minutes? Lol, and the other 25 matches this season? Quote passing statistics and you might have at least some credibility but until then your contention is rubbish.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Gomez and VVD is our #1 CB partnership. TAA is our #1 RB. It doesn't take captain obvious to understand the correlation between their absence and the amount of goals conceded although it appears some struggle to.
It doesn't take captain obvious to work out how to write extra words next to #1 CB to actually make that work. But hey, who need english talk well.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
You would think that we would be in the bottom half of the table considering VVD has played every game and certain Everton supporting posters on here would have you believe he is shite.
Maybe if you quit being so blind, you'd see I've never said he's shite. (Apart from using shite in his name because it's a good rhyme for Dijk). I've simply stated he isn't as good as he's cracked up to be. Even captain obvious can see that.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Maybe if you quit being so blind, you'd see I've never said he's shite. (Apart from using shite in his name because it's a good rhyme for Dijk). I've simply stated he isn't as good as he's cracked up to be. Even captain obvious can see that.

The only poster on this forum that is blind regarding Van Dijk is yourself but you are never going to admit that with your blue tinted glasses. I haven't seen anyone state any more than the fact that since he has joined Liverpool and Allisson has joined goals conceded has dropped significantly. Whenever that stat is brought up you generally spew out crap arguments about style and can't back up your arguments with any statistics yourself.

But carry on by all means.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The only poster on this forum that is blind regarding Van Dijk is yourself but you are never going to admit that with your blue tinted glasses. I haven't seen anyone state any more than the fact that since he has joined Liverpool and Allisson has joined goals conceded has dropped significantly. Whenever that stat is brought up you generally spew out crap arguments about style and can't back up your arguments with any statistics yourself.

But carry on by all means.
I mean I was saying it while he was at Southampton, but continue to assume it's because I'm an Everton fan. Makes it all the more delicious.

I've pointed out that save stats are generally useless. If you make 100 saves from 100 shots outside the box and there aren't any shots from inside the box, versus a guy who gets scored on by free headers and tap ins from 6 yards out, how does that make you a better keeper? You've got to look at advanced metrics. It's why they exist. Brains mate, BRAINS. Use them.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
On the subject of goal keepers, stoked with ours. Huge upgrade on that overrated big nose snake c***.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I mean I was saying it while he was at Southampton, but continue to assume it's because I'm an Everton fan. Makes it all the more delicious.

I've pointed out that save stats are generally useless. If you make 100 saves from 100 shots outside the box and there aren't any shots from inside the box, versus a guy who gets scored on by free headers and tap ins from 6 yards out, how does that make you a better keeper? You've got to look at advanced metrics. It's why they exist. Brains mate, BRAINS. Use them.

Sorry I must have missed all the times you would post when Van Dijk committed a minor error during a Liverpool match the second it happened and go on like he was shite. Go on, show us these advanced metrics you say exist. Show us them now. Otherwise we can safely assume you're a bullshit artist.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

“I never called him shite, apart from those times I called him Van Shite, but that’s completely different.”

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
The Courtois of 2-3 years ago was better but you are right Kepa has been good and Courtois hasn't had a great season at RM.
Courtois peaked at Atletico, then steadily declined with us, now he’s fallen off a cliff. I feel much more comfortable with Kepa when it comes to stopping and distribution.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sorry I must have missed all the times you would post when Van Dijk committed a minor error during a Liverpool match the second it happened and go on like he was shite. Go on, show us these advanced metrics you say exist. Show us them now. Otherwise we can safely assume you're a bullshit artist.
And? Can't comment on an error by a player who I believe is overrated? Oh no! I'm sooooo sorry. Far out, I'll go confess my sins to the pontiff in Rome.

https://understat.com/ since you can't use a brain or google.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
And? Can't comment on an error by a player who I believe is overrated? Oh no! I'm sooooo sorry. Far out, I'll go confess my sins to the pontiff in Rome.

https://understat.com/ since you can't use a brain or google.

How are those advanced metrics going you claim exist?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Courtois peaked at Atletico, then steadily declined with us, now he’s fallen off a cliff. I feel much more comfortable with Kepa when it comes to stopping and distribution.

I thought Courtois was absolutely world class 14-17. Dropped right off last season though and just didn't want to be there. He is still relatively young in keeper terms and should be able to turn it around. Kepa has a very promising future.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I thought Courtois was absolutely world class 14-17. Dropped right off last season though and just didn't want to be there. He is still relatively young in keeper terms and should be able to turn it around. Kepa has a very promising future.
Overrated :)

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I have no response to this. I'm done with you being an complete moron. I try to show you.. but you deny it exists. Are you religious? would explain a lot.

Haha you are a clown. First you claim there are advanced metrics that support your argument then when pressed to show what they are you simply refuse to provide them. As usual once you cannot back up your contention and when called out on that you resort to personal insults / digs.

Is your ringtone the Benny Hill song by any chance ?

Back