Collingwood
--------------Aguero
------Sterling-Hazard-Salah
-------Pogba-Fernandinho
Robertson-VVD-Laporte-WanBissaka
--------------Alisson

IN: Aguero
OUT: Aubameyang
Pogba isnt a holding midfielder. He only plays well in a center midfield 3, which means you need to probably drop Sterling to accomodate him.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
why should sterling make way, theoretically speaking?

since the start of last season, he has 50 goals and assists in 57 league games. hazard has 38 in 59.
What does last season have to do with this season though?

They’ve put up similar numbers this season, which is what the team is and should be based on.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Stirling and Hazard definitely over Pogba.

Pogba has been amazing since Mou went but he spent 6 months before that sooking his head off.
Hazard has had his down periods on and off this season compared to Pogba who had his over a 2-3 month period.

Whoscored ratings under 7.0 this season in the PL (I know not exactly the best):
Hazard 4x vs. Pogba 6x with average ratings 7.75 to 7.56 also in Hazard's favour.

I'd have him ahead individually but they play different positions. Fwiw Sterling 7.76, Son 7.37 (not a single game above 7.0 before that Chelsea goal)

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
That would be relevant if Pogba and Son played in the same position.

Like saying you'd take DDG over Salah.
So Pogba out of position is fine but we cant have Son out of position? How does that logic work?

They’re not playing a real game, Pete.

In that case just pick the best 11 players regardless of positions. Problem solved.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
What does last season have to do with this season though?

They’ve put up similar numbers this season, which is what the team is and should be based on.
nothing, it was just the picture i was looking at at the time

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Obviously people gonna call me biased but what Poch has done this year has been phenomenal. He’s done it without the huge budgets of pep and Klopp and had to negate his way through a horrendous injury list that has robbed him of his best players.
I think all of this is completely fair

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
that would be harsh on pep, seeing as the top 3 sides are having freak seasons
Whenever I see City's bench i just can't believe Liverpool and Spurs (even more so) are even close to City.

Freak seasons or not Pep has far more up his sleeve than the others (*hopes this doesn't become a net spend shitfest, yes I know Liverpool have spent plenty of late..*)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Whenever I see City's bench i just can't believe Liverpool and Spurs (even more so) are even close to City.

Freak seasons or not Pep has far more up his sleeve than the others (*hopes this doesn't become a net spend shitfest, yes I know Liverpool have spent plenty of late..*)
everyone drops points. it's not impossible for 3 teams to potentially finish in the 90's on points.

hell, say mahrez's pen went in, and everything played out the same, we'd still only be 2 points ahead. i think we're tracking for 98 points, and we could still lose the league. insanity.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
everyone drops points. it's not impossible for 3 teams to potentially finish in the 90's on points.

hell, say mahrez's pen went in, and everything played out the same, we'd still only be 2 points ahead. i think we're tracking for 98 points, and we could still lose the league. insanity.
It’s no coincidence the points tally has been ramped up since that Leicester season. Going to be the third season running the title has been won with 90+ points and as you say very likely that 2 teams finish on 90+ which would be a first

--------------Aguero
------Sterling-Hazard-Salah
-------Pogba-Fernandinho
Robertson-VVD-Laporte-WanBissaka
--------------Alisson

IN: Aguero
OUT: Aubameyang
A month has gone by and I'm still sticking with this side.

Kane and Auba right behind Aguero in the golden boot race.

I think Mane is closing in on Salah's spot the way he's been going recently. (Could have Mane on the left and Sterling on the right for example)

Son was storming into the team a month ago but I feel like Kane being in the side hurts his case.

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

I think Mane is closing in on Salah's spot the way he's been going recently. (Could have Mane on the left and Sterling on the right for example)

Son was storming into the team a month ago but I feel like Kane being in the side hurts his case.
I'd be dropping Hazard before Salah

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
Or any other top 6 clubs pocket...

While he has obviously had a barren run this year against the best teams, I feel like his record against the top six in his first season was exemplary. I can recall him scoring against all of the other top sides bar United? One season of scoring loads of goals against the top six, and one with none. Chances are he'll go end up in the middle of those numbers next season. It just seems a stretch to call him just a pure flat track bully given that record. Just as it would be a stretch for a Liverpool fan to say Salah is a clutch performer all/most of the time.

edit: I guess given this is a thread specifically about this season though maybe your claim only extends to this season re: Salah. In which case, fair enough.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Mane 17 goals 1 assist, 5 big chances created
Salah 17 goals 7 assists, 13 big chances created

Has won a few penalties too. Mané’s having a great season and has recently come into top form as Salah has had a dip (coincidence?), but I’d still say Salah has had the better season to date. I think our expectations of the latter are probably higher, and there’s a tendency to apply greater weighting to more recent exploits.

Mane 17 goals 1 assist, 5 big chances created
Salah 17 goals 7 assists, 13 big chances created

Has won a few penalties too. Mané’s having a great season and has recently come into top form as Salah has had a dip (coincidence?), but I’d still say Salah has had the better season to date. I think our expectations of the latter are probably higher, and there’s a tendency to apply greater weighting to more recent exploits.
Yeah I've still got Salah in my team. If Mane keeps going at his rate and Salah stops, Then I could see myself making a change to the team.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Mane has closed the gap but I'd still have Salah in the team. Plenty of games to go though but both are in the running. Either or could win the golden boot. Its hotly contested though with Aguero, PEA and Kane thereabouts.

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite

Premiership Player
Feb 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Yeah I've still got Salah in my team. If Mane keeps going at his rate and Salah stops, Then I could see myself making a change to the team.
If you're basing it off Salah's recent form to justify dropping him when do you start judging Hazard's recent form as well?

Last 10 PL games:
- Salah: 4 goals, 1 assist
- Hazard: 3 goals, 2 assists

Obviously you can cut stats however you please (no doubt someone will respond to this with pro-Hazard stats..) so I'm not saying Hazard should be out necessarily but if Salah's going to be in the conversation Hazard really should be too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back