Rolling EPL Team of the Season 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

I did? If I did I was probably trolling you.
You had a compelling case about the amount of crosses Digne had and how DCL being a poor target hurt his assists tally.

You had a compelling case about the amount of crosses Digne had and how DCL being a poor target hurt his assists tally.
Sounds about right. DCL is a pretty s**t player. But if he was at Liverpool he'd replace Vardy in Toty

A team defence in which none of the players know how to defend? That’s a new one.
I'm not asking everyone to suck up Liverpools butt, but the constant downplaying of everyone I don't think is fair, it's as if everyone is crap. If we were mid-table and our defence was letting in 40-50 goals then sure have at it, I'd agree it's terrible just like it was when we had Moreno starting in and costing us games.

Because he cant defend. Assists mean nothing when half or more come from corners or free kicks. That's got nothing to do with being a right back. Also it's a team defence, but most of the joy teams got against Liverpool came down his flank and it still does. It'd be like saying Soncyu is the best defender in the world right now because of Leicester's defensive record ..
He can defend. He can still certainly improve in that area but when you combine what he does defensively and then what he does coming forward which is hugely important in the modern day full back. Then no other RB is his equal for me. And he's only going to get better too.

You're a moron. A true intellectual lightweight.
Why? These are the two full backs who have played in back to back European Cup finals, winning one. Had a ridiculous league season last year only to lose to City by one point and were now head and shoulders above everyone in England. Best defensive record in the league last season.

I don't get why it's hard for you to accept that a team this good might you know... maybe have world class players in it.

He can defend. He can still certainly improve in that area but when you combine what he does defensively and then what he does coming forward which is hugely important in the modern day full back. Then no other RB is his equal for me. And he's only going to get better too.
Yeah and I can defend to. Doesn't mean I'm any good at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? These are the two full backs who have played in back to back European Cup finals, winning one. Had a ridiculous league season last year only to lose to City by one point and were now head and shoulders above everyone in England. Best defensive record in the league last season.

I don't get why it's hard for you to accept that a team this good might you know... maybe have world class players in it.
Because they are not the best fullbacks in the world. Take assists out of it, especially given the way your team relies on them to generate crosses where as a lot of other teams play with wingers who do that. Plus there are a lot that come from free kicks and corners that have nothing to do with them being full backs. This is why you are an intellectual lightweight. You can't go past the headline.

Because they are not the best fullbacks in the world. Take assists out of it, especially given the way your team relies on them to generate crosses where as a lot of other teams play with wingers who do that. Plus there are a lot that come from free kicks and corners that have nothing to do with them being full backs. This is why you are an intellectual lightweight. You can't go past the headline.
Name all the better full backs then? And not all their assists come from dead balls. In fact Robbo doesn't take any dead balls. Plus you can't take assists out. It's a part of the game and a massive part of what they do. It's like you're saying they are s**t for going above and beyond and doing the wingers job for them haha

Name all the better full backs then? And not all their assists come from dead balls. In fact Robbo doesn't take any dead balls. Plus you can't take assists out. It's a part of the game and a massive part of what they do. It's like you're saying they are s**t for going above and beyond and doing the wingers job for them haha
Confirmed intellectual lightweight.

To be fair when City were up plenty of us were saying the same things about Dinho, De Bruyne, the Silvas, Sterling etc.
If your 7/8 best in the world players don't win it this season it will be a massive underachievement by best manager in the world Klopp would you agree?

So Liverpool have got the best RB, LB and CB in the world but they still can’t keep a clean sheet. How does that one work.

Mind you this is Jod who’s mainly claiming this, who clearly only ever watches Liverpool games and has no knowledge of what goes on outside of anfield. It’s why even when Liverpool were finishing 8th in the league they still according to him had the best players in the world

So Liverpool have got the best RB, LB and CB in the world but they still can’t keep a clean sheet. How does that one work.

Mind you this is Jod who’s mainly claiming this, who clearly only ever watches Liverpool games and has no knowledge of what goes on outside of anfield. It’s why even when Liverpool were finishing 8th in the league they still according to him had the best players in the world
Because defending is a team game and sometimes you can concede in many ways outside of individual errors. Even with the lack of clean sheets. We had the best defense in the league last season and the second best this season.

You are a stranger to me and you have no idea how much football I do or do not watch. I don't watch every game ever but I do watch a lot of other football not involving Liverpool.

I probably did claim we had the best players in the world when finishing 8th.. but you know we did have Suarez so I was right.

Because defending is a team game and sometimes you can concede in many ways outside of individual errors. Even with the lack of clean sheets. We had the best defense in the league last season and the second best this season.

You are a stranger to me and you have no idea how much football I do or do not watch. I don't watch every game ever but I do watch a lot of other football not involving Liverpool.

I probably did claim we had the best players in the world when finishing 8th.. but you know we did have Suarez so I was right.
You ever asked yourself why you’ve won the most biased supporter for the last ten years, despite some very stiff competition? This thread should answer that.

Anyway, true I don’t know you personally but you definitely give off a strong vibe that you don’t watch or have no interest of football outside of Liverpool. That’s fine many supporters are like that.

Being a good defender doesn’t mean a lot if said defenders can’t function as a unit. That’s one of the main reasons what makes a defender good in the first place. Both your FBs are very good going forwards but less assured at actual defending, particularly TAA. In fact he’s not even Englands first choice so how on earth can you judge him the best in the world? Oh yeah, bias.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back