Rolling EPL Team of the Season 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Keiran Gibbs played 100 games at Arsenal, is now playing for West Brom.

Your stats and awards are meaningless as they are reputation based awards. Even you could admit this because how did VVD miss out on the ballon d'Or? Reputation based award.

You are an intellectual lightweight. Please stop embarrassing yourself and let this thread be about what it is. He hasn't been in the best five RBs this season, not even close to team of the season.
Lol bro. You're absolutely cooked here.

Vardy-Abraham
Mane-Jorginho-Fabinho-KDB
Chilwell-VVD-Soyuncu-Arnold
Henderson
IN: Schmeichel, Ndidi, Rashford
OUT: Henderson, Fabinho, Jorginho

Vardy-Abraham
Rashford-Ndidi-KDB-Mane
Schmeichel

Last edited:

Full backs don’t need to defend anymore”. Spare me that nonsense more like

Depends on what style of play the team has. AWB is a more defensive minded RB, Kyle Walker in the past under Pep has sometimes tucked inside a bit near the midfield with Delph and played almost like a wideish CDMs so the midfield doesn't get overloaded by the oppo. Then you got Arnold overlapping Salah on the wing and giving Salah the option to cut inside or pass to Arnold to whip in a cross.

You still need to be able to defend. Yes, we all know attacking full backs are all the rage and a vital component now, but if they can’t defend you might as well make them an attacking mid

still havent seen many alternatives given. liverpool have the best full backs in football and its not even close
I’ve said Robertson is one of the best wing backs around. TAA is also very good but I can’t have it that he’s one of the best around. Even in the prem I wouldn’t have him in the top five wing backs (left and right) and of course there’s a ton of other wing backs operating elsewhere

Vardy-Abraham
Rashford-Ndidi-KDB-Mane
Schmeichel
IN: Robertson, Henderson
OUT: Chilwell, Schmeichel

Vardy-Abraham
Rashford-Ndidi-KDB-Mane
Robertson-VVD-Soyuncu-Arnold
Henderson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vardy-Abraham
Rashford-Ndidi-KDB-Mane
Henderson

I dont think Tammy should be in the team, i wouldnt have two strikers in the formation either TBH as hardly any teams do. I'd go 4231 or 433

Chilwell rightly dropped as hes been found out against the good teams. Been a bit of a liability lately.

I dont think Tammy should be in the team, i wouldnt have two strikers in the formation either TBH as hardly any teams do. I'd go 4231 or 433

Chilwell rightly dropped as hes been found out against the good teams. Been a bit of a liability lately.
Fabinho before his injury was in the side, Kante and Jorginho dropped out my earlier sides too.

I've seen Maddison and Grealish in other peoples teams on social media, but I'm not convinced enough yet.

Vardy-Abraham
Rashford-Ndidi-KDB-Mane
Henderson
1 striker I think. Vardy the only one who seems consistent atm.

Aubameyang scoring today but in a relative lean patch for his standards. Kane and Aguero not scoring enough.

Abraham has 3 since the start of November and aside from 3 against a surprisingly poor Wolves has struggled to score against anyone decent.

Abraham probably won’t even be first choice striker at Chelsea by the end of January.

Vardy-Abraham
Rashford-Ndidi-KDB-Mane
Henderson

——————Vardy———————
——Sterling-Firmino-Mane——-
——-——-Ndidi-KDB——————
—————Henderson—————-

Nice one RossFC, I agree with your back 7, personally I'd make 2 changes to the front 4. While Rashford, Abraham & Aubameyang have scored plenty of goals and been very impressive, for me Sterling and Firmino have been more influential for their sides so far this season. Quick rationale for the changes:
  • Sterling - currently 4th in the PL for xG, 4th for xA, 7th for big chances created, on track for 30 goals and 15 assists in all comps. He's the best forward in the best attack in the league. Would probably be the first or second forward I'd select if you asked me to pick a PL best XI for a one off match tomorrow.
  • Firmino - I'll defend this selection all night. If it came down to it I'd probably cut Mane to squeeze him in. Bobby is to this Liverpool side what Cantona was to United in the 90s. As many goals as our other forwards may score, he's the main man in our attack. Everything runs through him, even in games where he's not scoring/assisting. 4th in the PL for big chances created and the focal point of the 2nd most potent attack in the league.
Son is another one - I don't think he's been mentioned too often in the TotY discussion to date but when he's not belting blokes he's really impressed me every time I've watched Tottenham play.

My team is heavily weighted to the top 3 but they're that far ahead, I think that's probably to be expected.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back