rolling top 8 after round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
heres mine after round 10 its a rolling top 8

1. collingwood (no one can stop them they are a train)
2. brisbane (looking the good finally)
3. melbourne ( still have not discounted them still good looking a bit flakey should make it top 4)
4. port ( see brisbane)
5. dogs ( always good value the dogs and again looking good in 2023)
6. cats (first time out of top 4 but will shore up spot 6)
7. saints ( great year and should be rewarded)
8. crows ( see saints i had crows just ahead of essendon and freo just crows i feel are more of a sure bet then essendon)

spoon its all west coast eagles in 2023 for the spoon make that a brittle wooded spoon as that love eagles at 18th.

I’m not sure no one can stop them
Exactly, this time last year Melbourne were unstoppable and Geelong were down in 7th place 4 games behind.

It's far to early to predict things like that.

How much more difficult has Essendon's draw been compared to that of Port Adelaide and Collingwood?

I have Collingwood at 7 tough games (8 if you want to include Carlton) and Essendon at 7 tough games as well.

I have Port at 6 tough games (7 if you want to include Essendon).

So they havent had a tougher draw at all.

I have Collingwood at 7 tough games (8 if you want to include Carlton) and Essendon at 7 tough games as well.

I have Port at 6 tough games (7 if you want to include Essendon).

So they havent had a tougher draw at all.
I did a little exercise and determined the relative difficulty based on current ladder positions - 1 point for Collingwood through to 18 points for West Coast.

The lower the total, the harder the draw.

Essendon 80 points
Port 84 points
Collingwood 86 points

So the solitary reason Essendon's draw is 'harder' than that of Port and Collingwood by relative measure is simply because Essendon played Port and Collingwood (and lost to them both), whereas Port and Collingwood played 9th ranked Essendon...

I did a little exercise and determined the relative difficulty based on current ladder positions - 1 point for Collingwood through to 18 points for West Coast.

The lower the total, the harder the draw.

Essendon 80 points
Port 84 points
Collingwood 86 points

So the solitary reason Essendon's draw is 'harder' than that of Port and Collingwood by relative measure is simply because Essendon played Port and Collingwood (and lost to them both), whereas Port and Collingwood played 9th ranked Essendon...

That's why I wasnt sure whether to consider Port's game against Essendon as "hard". I guess I probably should have included Collingwood's "hard" game against Essendon as well. Essendon play both Port and Collingwood again so Im sure that is more reason for them to complain about their draw.

However, they do get West Coast.

That's why I wasnt sure whether to consider Port's game against Essendon as "hard". I guess I probably should have included Collingwood's "hard" game against Essendon as well. Essendon play both Port and Collingwood again so Im sure that is more reason for them to complain about their draw.

However, they do get West Coast.
Yep. Collingwood, Port and Essendon have all played one another, so if you exclude those games and compare the relative difficulty of the other games you arrive at:

Collingwood 74
Port 74
Essendon 76

But that is a very basic analysis, and then you'd have to consider the opposition form at the time, location of game, injuries, etc.

By the end of the season, relative draw difficulties are negligible, and it's not going to be a differentiator between who contends, and who doesn't...

I’m not sure no one can stop them

I may just be a hater but they do show flaws. In the end they are earned favourites but footy is unpredictable and they very well could face a Richmond 2018 situation where a team just managed to outplay them one time in the finals.

The games against Brisbane, Essendon and Adelaide had differing results for Collingwood but showed that teams that are hot can possibly beat them. Yet they still won 2/3 because they are just very good at winning.

3. melbourne ( still have not discounted them still good looking a bit flakey should make it top 4)
4. port ( see brisbane)
8. crows ( see saints i had crows just ahead of essendon and freo just crows i feel are more of a sure bet then essendon)

spoon its all west coast eagles in 2023 for the spoon make that a brittle wooded spoon as that love eagles at 18th.
wot is this meant to be? a slightly re-ordered top 8 of the actual ladder with random comments?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4. port ( see brisbane)

Need an update mate.

You still think Cats are good for Top 6? They currently 10th.
Agree that Doggies are "good value" but without Liam Jones, I am not sure if they will finish in the 8.

Reckon you're looking good for WC for the spoon though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back