Rolling World Cup squad thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah no Wade or MMarsh is taking the piss. Decent squad other than that.

TBH, MM doesn't deserve to be in the squad.

He's had a terrible year of cricket in all forms.
His BB stats this year are borderline disgraceful.

In the BB game against the Heat last week, he didn't nominate at the bat toss so the Heat got to choose.
I reckon he needs a break to get his head right.

what about my favourite minnows the Kenyans !! sure they not what they used to be, but they did almost get test status in 2000.

Canada, UAE, PNG, HK I'm sure would want to feature if some of the above are.

Kenya have fallen off a cliff, will be a part of the Challenge League starting later this year, which is the third tier of international cricket. The four you mentioned are above them, along with Namibia, Oman and the US.

I wonder what odds you would have got 18 months ago that Travis Head would be a) our most in-form Test batsman, and b) dropped from both short-form teams.

Australia T20I/ODI squad: Aaron Finch (c), Pat Cummins (vc), Alex Carey (vc), Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Peter Handscomb, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, D'Arcy Short, Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Turner, Adam Zampa

Squad for India announced
Starting 11 for mine out of that lot

Short
Stoinis
SMarsh
Handscomb
Finch
Maxwell
Carey
Coulter Nile
Richardson
Zampa
Behrendorff

Went with Handscomb over Khawaja because Ussie is a bloody liability in the field.

Starting 11 for mine out of that lot

Short
Stoinis
SMarsh
Handscomb
Finch
Maxwell
Carey
Coulter Nile
Richardson
Zampa
Behrendorff

Went with Handscomb over Khawaja because Ussie is a bloody liability in the field.

For the first ODI I would go

Finch
Short
Handscomb
Stoinis
Turner
Maxwell
Carey
Coulter Nile
Cummins
J Richardson
Zampa

TBH, MM doesn't deserve to be in the squad.

He's had a terrible year of cricket in all forms.
His BB stats this year are borderline disgraceful.

In the BB game against the Heat last week, he didn't nominate at the bat toss so the Heat got to choose.
I reckon he needs a break to get his head right.

yeah I agree such a fall from grace

confidence is way down.....needs a few years out of the international game

has to start again

For the first ODI I would go

Finch
Short
Handscomb
Stoinis
Turner
Maxwell
Carey
Coulter Nile
Cummins
J Richardson
Zampa
SMarsh is our best OD batsman, can’t leave him out

Edit- just noticed your above post. Like your team although I don’t trust Finch against the new ball anymore, reckon he’s more suited to strengthening our middle order.

Kenya have fallen off a cliff, will be a part of the Challenge League starting later this year, which is the third tier of international cricket. The four you mentioned are above them, along with Namibia, Oman and the US.
Fun fact: Kenya have played a World Cup semi-final more recently than England.

It's extraordinarily disappointing that Scotland have neglected their cricket. You look at Ireland and see how they've made a success of the sport and think that could have been Scotland too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They certainly weren’t, decided to make him VC even though he is lucky to even be in the squad.

Wade has had enough chances in ODI cricket. It’s no surprise they aren’t in a rush to go back there

It's extraordinarily disappointing that Scotland have neglected their cricket. You look at Ireland and see how they've made a success of the sport and think that could have been Scotland too
Ranked one spot behind Ireland in ODIs (only test countries ahead of them), and 11th in T20s, ahead of Zim, Netherlands, Nepal, etc.

Kyle Coetzer is only one spot behind our best player in the ODI batting rankings (Finch 21st, Coetzer 22nd), which considering how much less cricket he plays, is outstanding.

The biggest problem Scotland (and others like them) have is that they don't get enough cricket.

Wade has had enough chances in ODI cricket. It’s no surprise they aren’t in a rush to go back there

He sure showed more than Carey has, which is basically nothing. I’d even prefer Paine, Gotch, Whiteman, Pearson, Philippe, Inglis, Handscomb or even Bancroft. Carey has been EXTREMELY disappointing.

He sure showed more than Carey has, which is basically nothing. I’d even prefer Paine, Gotch, Whiteman, Pearson, Philippe, Inglis, Handscomb or even Bancroft. Carey has been EXTREMELY disappointing.

He certainly hasn't set the world on fire in his 9 ODI appearances yet...highest score of 47....still early on in his career

But if he doesn't show something this tour......yes his spot is on the line

He needs a substantial score this series to seal his spot for the WC

Wade has had 93 ODI’s and he was ordinary in most of them. We don’t need to go back there

Yeh we should just draw a line through someone forever.. who might not have been up to it previously but is currently in the best form of his career and is quite possibly the best wicket keeper batsman going around Australia. :drunk:

Is it not possible in your head that someone can improve? Wade is 31. A lot of cricketers come into their prime around this age.

Yeh we should just draw a line through someone forever.. who might not have been up to it previously but is currently in the best form of his career and is quite possibly the best wicket keeper batsman going around Australia. :drunk:

Is it not possible in your head that someone can improve? Wade is 31. A lot of cricketers come into their prime around this age.
True, but he's played 94 ODIs ffs for a mediocre to crap record. Bullying bowling at the lower levels is one thing but he's failed at the international level time and time again. Carey has been underwhelming but really he's hardly been given a chance. Needs to just be pushed down the order.

edit - Wade hasn't had the advantage of always batting up the order like Carey but Alex averages 2 more runs!

True, but he's played 94 ODIs ffs for a mediocre to crap record. Bullying bowling at the lower levels is one thing but he's failed at the international level time and time again. Carey has been underwhelming but really he's hardly been given a chance. Needs to just be pushed down the order.

This. Bat Carey at 7 or 8. Not judging him on the last series where he opened

Ranked one spot behind Ireland in ODIs (only test countries ahead of them), and 11th in T20s, ahead of Zim, Netherlands, Nepal, etc.

Kyle Coetzer is only one spot behind our best player in the ODI batting rankings (Finch 21st, Coetzer 22nd), which considering how much less cricket he plays, is outstanding.

The biggest problem Scotland (and others like them) have is that they don't get enough cricket.
Poster is on a mission to convince everyone Scotland is terrible despite all evidence to the contrary. Made an OTT statement, got called out on it, and has doubled down rather than acknowledge he may not have all the facts.

Wades best bet is not to play ODI...but to stay at home and score big in the remaining shield games

bat up the order...come in at number 4 for tas....and score 2 hundreds please...then your name is up for the Ashes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back