Rolling World Cup squad thread

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
England has a good squad

Bats: Eoin Morgan, Johnny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Joe Denly, Alex Hales, Joe Root, Jason Roy
All Rounders: Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali
Bowlers: David Willey, Chris Woakes, Tom Curran, Mark Wood, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid

The good thing about this squad is that if push comes to shove, Woakes is a genuine top 7 bat if Stokes/Ali have a form slump. I think their best XI will be:

Bairstow
Hales
Root
Morgan
Buttler
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Willey
Rashid
Wood

Curran and Plunkett very unlucky
It's a very good side, I'm always surprised when they get rolled easily as a batting line-up that deep should be able to hustle runs from anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

corbies

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
England has a good squad

Bats: Eoin Morgan, Johnny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Joe Denly, Alex Hales, Joe Root, Jason Roy
All Rounders: Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali
Bowlers: David Willey, Chris Woakes, Tom Curran, Mark Wood, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid

The good thing about this squad is that if push comes to shove, Woakes is a genuine top 7 bat if Stokes/Ali have a form slump. I think their best XI will be:

Bairstow
Hales
Root
Morgan
Buttler
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Willey
Rashid
Wood

Curran and Plunkett very unlucky
I'm pretty sure Roy will play in front of Hales.

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Never understood why England don’t they play Roy, Bairstow and hales together. And get rid of Ali. They already have a good all rounder in stokes and rashid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ali has been in great form that's why, plus more bowling options is ideal. Rashid is hardly an all rounder for starters, he can slog a couple, that's it.

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger, Serena, Rafa, Novak
It is obviously rolling.. cmon Finch.. Smith. Davy.. and trumpets will be bleating.. not going to get too plastic abut all this..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ishikawa

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, but good to see NCN, Cummins and Behrendorff all in form and bowling well. Batting side of things a bit more interesting, especially given the quality missing from the Kiwis with the ball. Smith looked to have struggled with 22 off 43, Warner by the sounds went alright and NCN delivered to take them to the line.

Was it on a stream somewhere?

Top Bottom