Rolling World Cup squad thread

Remove this Banner Ad

England has a good squad

Bats: Eoin Morgan, Johnny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Joe Denly, Alex Hales, Joe Root, Jason Roy
All Rounders: Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali
Bowlers: David Willey, Chris Woakes, Tom Curran, Mark Wood, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid

The good thing about this squad is that if push comes to shove, Woakes is a genuine top 7 bat if Stokes/Ali have a form slump. I think their best XI will be:

Bairstow
Hales
Root
Morgan
Buttler
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Willey
Rashid
Wood

Curran and Plunkett very unlucky

It's a very good side, I'm always surprised when they get rolled easily as a batting line-up that deep should be able to hustle runs from anywhere.

England has a good squad

Bats: Eoin Morgan, Johnny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Joe Denly, Alex Hales, Joe Root, Jason Roy
All Rounders: Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali
Bowlers: David Willey, Chris Woakes, Tom Curran, Mark Wood, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid

The good thing about this squad is that if push comes to shove, Woakes is a genuine top 7 bat if Stokes/Ali have a form slump. I think their best XI will be:

Bairstow
Hales
Root
Morgan
Buttler
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Willey
Rashid
Wood

Curran and Plunkett very unlucky
I'm pretty sure Roy will play in front of Hales.

It's a very good side, I'm always surprised when they get rolled easily as a batting line-up that deep should be able to hustle runs from anywhere.
Like, Mark Wood is genuinely the weakest bat in that squad and he has a FC average of 21. Or maybe Curran.

Never understood why England don’t they play Roy, Bairstow and hales together. And get rid of Ali. They already have a good all rounder in stokes and rashid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ali has been in great form that's why, plus more bowling options is ideal. Rashid is hardly an all rounder for starters, he can slog a couple, that's it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but good to see NCN, Cummins and Behrendorff all in form and bowling well. Batting side of things a bit more interesting, especially given the quality missing from the Kiwis with the ball. Smith looked to have struggled with 22 off 43, Warner by the sounds went alright and NCN delivered to take them to the line.

Was it on a stream somewhere?

Y'all are crazy in saying Richo over Haze. The head scratcher should be Richo over M Marsh, who is as good a bowler IMO and actually provides the squad with some balance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back