Unsolved Romauld Zak - Suspicious suicide - Claremont, West Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

All the more reason Zak should be considered a suspect :)

I understand the sensitivity of this so I approach this as respectfully as I can.

Exploring the angle that he may have had some kind of involvement, it's interesting to note that he had attempted suicide the year before, the same year Sarah and Jane were taken.

Some may know that there are 7 psychological phases that go through a serial killers mind.
The 7th phase, before he starts over again, is the depression phase.

"There is a great emotional let down for the killer. The depression phase can last for days, weeks or even months. They may even become so depressed as to attempt suicide"

https://www.thecrimemag.com/know-7-psychological-phases-serial-killer-goes/

Irrespective of what truly may have happened to this lad, we all know his story has generated a lot of interest over the years with plenty of differing opinions and speculations surrounding the CSK case both out in the community and online so I'm sure the Zak family and police have heard it all.
My question is, did they ever explore it?

Very interesting. I asked this question in the other thread, did anybody know if Zak was ever looked at 'in relation to' the CSK case. Nobody as yet has been able to answer.

Very interesting. I asked this question in the other thread, did anybody know if Zak was ever looked at 'in relation to' the CSK case. Nobody as yet has been able to answer.
I can't answer that question but I have no doubt he was looked at and they've charged someone else.

On Zac, I keep reading that he knew at least a couple of the girls and visited their grave sites. Is this fact or fiction? Link perhaps?

I can't answer that question but I have no doubt he was looked at and they've charged someone else.

On Zac, I keep reading that he knew at least a couple of the girls and visited their grave sites. Is this fact or fiction? Link perhaps?

I can't remember where I read Zak visited the gravesite, pretty sure it wasn't over social media though. Maybe someone else can recall.

Have a funny feeling that had someone wanted to take a closer look at this in relation to the CSK case it may have been put on the "don't worry about it we've got our man" shelf

Same, I cant answer it either but I feel the same way. Im sure he would have been thrown in the mix at some point.
I can only speak for my experience when the MM vid was finally released in 08 & his name was thrown around immediately by people I knew that had known him.
I'd imagine that at least 1 of the 700 who supposedly saw the video at the time probably knew him too.
Ive read comments elsewhere from papertrail who appeared to know quite a bit about his situation. I think I have a copy of what they said so I'll post separately when I find it.

How tall are these people:

Mark Dixie
Lance Williams

All the men interviewed I heard, as non POIs were over 6 foot tall.

The person police are looking for, is a darn sight taller than 5' 7", and they know it. So while he may have been looked at, police would have very quickly dismissed him based on expert height analysis.

They knew their perpetrator was over 6' tall

How do you know this? TIA.

Dixie is just over 6 feet I think. Lance looks like he is too but again, in pictures and video perspective can be horribly skewed.

Dixie is just over 6 feet I think. Lance looks like he is too but again, in pictures and video perspective can be horribly skewed.

"original CCTV footage was "underwhelming" and the enhanced footage distorted height and colour, Superintendent Byleveld said.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ictim-jane-rimmer-released-20080828-44it.html

I know this article has been posted a few times but leaving it here for reference to above quote and convenience.

Like I said, I know a couple of people interviewed. They are all tall

So if romauld didn’t hang himself on a twig , who punched the s**t outta him and staged it .
If romauld allegedly new the girls maybe he made the connection and was a weak link and had to go ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite possible that the entity involved around this lot..had cut himself..and therefore blood was on the branch limb...so instead of wasting precious time.. he cut off the limb...
Ok..who has the keys to the gardiners shed...

Quite possible that the entity involved around this lot..had cut himself..and therefore blood was on the branch limb...so instead of wasting precious time.. he cut off the limb...
Ok..who has the keys to the gardiners shed...
Doesnt stack up

''didnt want to waste precious time'' yet you have him then walking, opening (breaking in) finding a chainsaw and starting it up , if its fuelled, then putting it back and then leaving?

Pending Rom didn't hang himself over a prior sexual assault. Pending Rom was assaulted then strung up by someone elses laces that weren't his 'outside' the Graylands facility.

Say Rom was knocked out with several blows or suffering the sedative effects of his medication being temazepam rendering him defenseless. Say a heavily sedated and bashed Rom was strung up by someone else to simulate suicide.

Someone decides the branch is to cut to remove evidence. It might have been a hand saw. Although i thought I read conflicting reports on this?

"He disputed many of the conclusions of former University of WA crime expert and UK homicide investigator Robin Napper, who claims Mr Zak was murdered and his body dumped to make it appear he had hanged himself.

Det Snr-Sgt Lee said international homicide experts whose opinions Mr Napper had sought had supported the murder theory based on misinformation.

Although crucial evidence from the original investigation is missing, Det Snr-Sgt Lee said the fact that detectives and forensic officers were consulted showed the possibilities other than suicide were considered.

"I am unable to find any material fault with the investigation,'' he said. "This was a totally satisfactory investigation.''
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/suicide-finding-defended-ng-a8d2ecfc2f87aa3ade5f0a5135a1a942

Last edited:
"Eye witness “ SILENCE “ is a very important witness from the scene of the crime at the time when Romuald( Ronald )had passed away. His evidence is most important and it strongly supports the view that Romuald (Ronald) had been raped and murdered."

http://murderinhospital.com/story.html

"The employee had supplied full details that this suspicious person was wearing a black security jacket and black trousers. This witness was never interviewed by Police or called into Court. He made an interview and affidavit and gave it to the family. "

Pending Rom didn't hang himself over a prior sexual assault. Pending Rom was assaulted then strung up by someone elses laces that weren't his 'outside' the Graylands facility.

Say Rom was knocked out with several blows or suffering the sedative effects of his medication being temazepam rendering him defenseless. Say a heavily sedated and bashed Rom was strung up by someone else to simulate suicide.

Someone decides the branch is to cut to remove evidence. It might have been a hand saw. Although i thought I read conflicting reports on this?

"He disputed many of the conclusions of former University of WA crime expert and UK homicide investigator Robin Napper, who claims Mr Zak was murdered and his body dumped to make it appear he had hanged himself.

Det Snr-Sgt Lee said international homicide experts whose opinions Mr Napper had sought had supported the murder theory based on misinformation.

Although crucial evidence from the original investigation is missing, Det Snr-Sgt Lee said the fact that detectives and forensic officers were consulted showed the possibilities other than suicide were considered.

"I am unable to find any material fault with the investigation,'' he said. "This was a totally satisfactory investigation.''
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/suicide-finding-defended-ng-a8d2ecfc2f87aa3ade5f0a5135a1a942
From memory, may be wrong but I thought there were no traces of any drugs in his system at all?
I remember thinking he'd surely have been prescribed something then wondering if it was more than depression he had.
I've found people with depression don't usually skip their meds but more intense illnesses like bi polar and schizophrenic patients are far more likely to not want to take them.

From memory, may be wrong but I thought there were no traces of any drugs in his system at all?
I remember thinking he'd surely have been prescribed something then wondering if it was more than depression he had.
I've found people with depression don't usually skip their meds but more intense illnesses like bi polar and schizophrenic patients are far more likely to not want to take them.

He was prescribed Temazepam. He may have been quite heavily sedated. Certainly very vulnerable.

"Romuald (Ronald) Zak’s chemistry report form Forensic Science Laboratory, presents that there was NO alcohol or any illicit drugs in his body’s system. He had no criminal record with the Police."
http://murderinhospital.com/story.html

Last edited:
I remember reading about this ages away. I like a good conspiracy but I just find it so hard to believe in relation to this, its connection to the Claremont serial killings, and whatever else is implicated in the whole thing. But yeah, in light of the recent developments it's still an interesting case.

Just the fact he was an intelligent guy (a law clerk, don't you need to be a law student or graduate to nab that?), pretty normal seeming, then checked himself in is interesting, but then there's the shoelace which was brand new, the bruise marks, the weird lack or line up between when he was last seen and when he was figured to have died. And as small as Perth is, this isn't some tiny town of 50,000 people. Perth still had a million citizens in the 90s. Even in certain suburbs I still wouldn't even expect to have a mutual facebook friend with everyone, let alone work with one and socially know the other.

Intriguing stuff. Would have been an interesting time to be a young person in that area.

They had contemplated the lace come from his pants. He had checked himself in, prescribed Temazepam so he's pretty sleepy by then.

I think at the time, the whole state was one million but point taken.

It wouldn't be so crazy if Rom didn't have such a close connection with the serial crimes. Actually it would much simpler.

I guess we will hear soon about all matters and clarity will dismiss all and sundry.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190226-000010_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190226-000010_Chrome.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_20190225-235438_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190225-235438_Chrome.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 212

Remove this Banner Ad

Back