Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Taking odds on when the first 'Houston, we have a problem' is used in the local rag?

A sexy problem.

OkCDA.jpg

We've now upgraded a Tex and an Eddy. Will Snelling should start asking the boys to call him Sloaney.

More to the point, we have a Houston and an Austin - we now need a Dallas and a San Antonio to round it off.

Houston genuinely started to show signs after about mid year last year. It's excellent to see he has kept to the trajectory so far.

Yep him and Hewett both finished the season off strongly

The CEO
Port Adelaide Football Club Limited
Trading as PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
ABN 49 068 839 547

Allan Scott Power Headquarters
Alberton Oval
Brougham Place
ALBERTON SA

Dear Sir or Madam,

We write in reference to your recent reference to one of your players, Dan Houston, as “Tex”.

It is our contention that the nicknaming of this player and his recent promotion to the senior list breaches Australian Consumer Law, specifically Competition and Consumer Act 2010, (Cth) Schedule 2 section 29 as it makes a false representation that the player has the sponsorship, approval or affiliation of Mr Walker. The act prohibits businesses from making such false representations in connection with both the supply and promotion of goods and services.

We believe that people will be under the impression that Tex Walker has supported, endorsed or is affiliated with your player.

We further believe that this activity also constitutes that tort “passing off” as the use of Mr Walkers name for the player and in the promotion of the player creates a false belief in the minds of consumers that there is a business connection between Mr Walker and the player and that he has approved the player's promotion.

Whilst, flattered that you have an obvious passion for both the Adelaide Crows and our client, we respectfully ask that you undertake to rename the player by the end of March and cease promoting him immediately as it puts Mr Walker in a state of confusion.

Please give these undertakings by signing below on each letter and returning to my office. We will accept delivery via a scanned copy to the email address sharper@elitesports.com.au and return of the originals to Level 4, 543-549 Bridge Road, Richmond, VIC 3121.

Yours sincerely
Susan Harper
Manager — Legal and Risk

The CEO
Port Adelaide Football Club Limited
Trading as PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
ABN 49 068 839 547

Allan Scott Power Headquarters
Alberton Oval
Brougham Place
ALBERTON SA

Dear Sir or Madam,

We write in reference to your recent reference to one of your players, Dan Houston, as “Tex”.

It is our contention that the nicknaming of this player and his recent promotion to the senior list breaches Australian Consumer Law, specifically Competition and Consumer Act 2010, (Cth) Schedule 2 section 29 as it makes a false representation that the player has the sponsorship, approval or affiliation of Mr Walker. The act prohibits businesses from making such false representations in connection with both the supply and promotion of goods and services.

We believe that people will be under the impression that Tex Walker has supported, endorsed or is affiliated with your player.

We further believe that this activity also constitutes that tort “passing off” as the use of Mr Walkers name for the player and in the promotion of the player creates a false belief in the minds of consumers that there is a business connection between Mr Walker and the player and that he has approved the player's promotion.

Whilst, flattered that you have an obvious passion for both the Adelaide Crows and our client, we respectfully ask that you undertake to rename the player by the end of March and cease promoting him immediately as it puts Mr Walker in a state of confusion.

Please give these undertakings by signing below on each letter and returning to my office. We will accept delivery via a scanned copy to the email address sharper@elitesports.com.au and return of the originals to Level 4, 543-549 Bridge Road, Richmond, VIC 3121.

Yours sincerely
Susan Harper
Manager — Legal and Risk
What is this crap lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the nickname tex if only to see crows supporters melt

Well, I like him, but I don't see the point of this upgrade if he's gonna be forced out of the side after a week. Lots of senior players to come back and not many others Ken is willing to drop. We'll see what happens.

Well, I like him, but I don't see the point of this upgrade if he's gonna be forced out of the side after a week. Lots of senior players to come back and not many others Ken is willing to drop. We'll see what happens.
Only you or PAFC66 could turn this into a grizzle

Because we will most likely need him for round 1? Who knows what will happen after that. Maybe Pittard or Broady don't pull up from their layoffs for round 2, or maybe Houston's form is good enough to hold his spot somehow. Even if he only plays round 1 that's still more than many rookies will play this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back