Rookie #57 Kane Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to move him on. Can't keep stringing him along on the rookie list. We've seen all he's got at afl level and unfortunately it's not quite good enough. If we were able to keep him on with the Maggies i'd be all for it but he could go back to the wafl and get paid what he deserves.

It's been established many times now, no matter how much he dominates the SANFL he's not quite AFL quality. The bigger bodies and less time at the highest level reduce his influence. If we give him another contract, even as a rookie, then it'd be (yet another) weak list management decision.

He's too young to retire and I doubt he'd get a go on anyone else's list, so hopefully he can go back to the WAFL next year (I'd hate to see him staying in SA and running around for another SANFL club). Would be happy to have him back as a runner post footy career, he's a good club man (and it's an unwritten PAFC rule runners have to annoy the opposition).

Seems like a really great guy and played some good games for us. I hope he finds success in whatever comes next...

No ALF in the SNALF. Except for Port, you can have half an ALF, but no ex-ALF's.
We would never be allowed too pay him enough even if the rule allowed us to have him. Another SANFL team would poach him.

He would have been a good match-up to do the job on Eddie like he did on Cotchin earlier in the year. Although there is very little demand to have a one-use player these years, especially one that the AFL are likely to whine about and pretty much ban from body contact the next week.

seems lie such a great team man to. always around the club, always puts his time out to do things for the club. anytime theres anything at the club or what not his ugly mug is always apart of it. good on him, rate him that way! genuine guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite there at AFL level but wish he could hang around the maggies. Busted his ass for the black and whites and showed desperation and love for the jumper. Good luck Kano and thanks for wearing the prison bars with pride.

Can he be a Magpies-only player? What are the rules around that?

I think he can, they contract a certain amount of players.

All the best Kane, you gave it everything you got and improved every year.

It is said often but you are welcome back at the club any time and am confident that all members agree.

I think he can, they contract a certain amount of players.

All the best Kane, you gave it everything you got and improved every year.

It is said often but you are welcome back at the club any time and am confident that all members agree.
Needed to be 23 or under and he turns 27 in December.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back