Rookie #57 Kane Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Steve "powa arent the real portz well not until they promise me $$ and captaincy" Summerton

Never forget.
Also Mitchell Is a better player?
Anyway, it's a moot point as Kane is going backpacking for a year. A year out of footy ain't great. That being said, he's a teacher, and one thing we need in our coaching and development area are teachers, I have never seen such a confused bunch of players, so you never know what the future might hold.

More magarey medal votes last year and I'd say this one too

Summo probably has better skills but overall Mitchell has the chocolates
And Priddis has more Brownlow votes across across 2014 and 2015 than anyone but Fyfe - would you say he's better than Gray, Mitchell, Dangerfield, Sloane, Kennedy, Selwood, et al.?

And Priddis has more Brownlow votes across across 2014 and 2015 than anyone but Fyfe - would you say he's better than Gray, Mitchell, Dangerfield, Sloane, Kennedy, Selwood, et al.?
I see your point
But Mitchells also had higher b and f finishes and had the qualities to be picked up by an AFL club

I see your point
But Mitchells also had higher b and f finishes and had the qualities to be picked up by an AFL club
And that's the other side of the argument. Like I said in my original post, it's a very debatable point - I would take Summo fairly easily but can definitely understand the other point of view.

Highly debatable.
I'd not have thought so. Summerton and Mitchell were jointly high up in the most effective players for us in the Maggies. Similar roles too. Like a Dangerfield and Selwood pairing at SANFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell was and is a far better player than Summerton.

A bit sad to see a guy with an outstanding attitude and commitment to the footy club go. Seemed to be central to a lot of the good vibe in the group and kept his head up when things weren't going well. In the end though, the club has made the right call for the list going forward and wish Kane the best with his future. Pretty easy to see a guy with his energy and attitude going a long way off the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back