List Mgmt. Rookie Draft 2016 (Got Eddy Bretts, pillaged SNUFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeping this thread alive!

The Western Bulldogs signed up Tristan Tweedie as a category B rookie. He was affiliated with Hawthorn as an next generation academy member.

Overlooked academy members are open to all clubs. There's still a chance.

Daniel Allsop and Hisham Kerbetieh are both small forwards who were in the mix to get drafted. Both of them would be worth a shot as a category b player.

Keeping this thread alive!

The Western Bulldogs signed up Tristan Tweedie as a category B rookie. He was affiliated with Hawthorn as an next generation academy member.

Overlooked academy members are open to all clubs. There's still a chance.

Daniel Allsop and Hisham Kerbetieh are both small forwards who were in the mix to get drafted. Both of them would be worth a shot as a category b player.
Any tall or small defenders?

Here's the list. Most of them have been taken in the draft, rookie draft or as category b. Jy Simpkin would have been a handy category b player. Cedric Cox would have been available to any club. I'm not sure what defenders are left? Port didn't choose Lual. When i get around to it i will check who went where.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-05/tigers-eyeing-off-kayle-kirby-as-a-category-b-rookie

Collingwood

Isiah Farrell-Nelson (Indigenous)

Essendon
Aaron Tatchell (Indigenous), 
Ben Ronke (Multicultural), 
Muhammad Saad (Multicultural), 
Ovie Magbegor (Multicultural)
, Hisham Kerbatieh (Multicultural), 
Ozgur Uysal (Multicultural)

Geelong
Temoa Brown (Multicultural)
, Cameron Gurrumulnga (Indigenous), Deshan Gindkindi (Indigenous)
, Kamal Bukulatjpi (Indigenous)

Hawthorn
Tristan Tweedie (Indigenous)

Melbourne
Daniel Allsop (Multicultural)

Port Adelaide
Emmanuel Irra (Multicultural), Ariek Lual (Multicultural)

Richmond
Kayle Kirby (Indigenous), Billy Cooper (Indigenous), Esava Ratugolea (Multicultural)
, Derek Smith (Indigenous), Jy Simpkin (Indigenous)

St Kilda
Mitchell McCarthy (Indigenous)

West Coast
Tarir Bayok (Multicultural)

Western Bulldogs
Dion Johnstone (Indigenous)

AFL nominations
Mading Atem (Multicultural),
 James El Moussalli (Multicultural), Kenny Ong (Multicultural),
 Jai Rout (Indigenous),
 Darren Allen (Indigenous),
 Jamaine Jones (Indigenous),
 Thomas Jok (Multicultural),
Goy Lok (Multicultural),
 Cedric Cox (Indigenous),
 Francis Watson (Indigenous)

I think Kerbetieh had a good year in the vfl this year.

Drafting is strange. Its unlikely we pick either of them up due to relocation costs.... but no dis to Irra, Kerbetieh and Allsop are more likely to be afl players and our list neades one.

Talking to a South Adelaide tragic last night who is filthy with Brett Eddy for leaving Souths and/or coming to Port.
But you loved him a month ago? Nah he can GAGF now. Your joking I said listen to him he's thrilled to be given a
chance when at 27 he'd thought his AFL dream was gone. Playing footy is a footballers job ffs. You want him to miss out?
"Hope he plays all year with the magpies". Sheesh your a campaigner.

Talking to a South Adelaide tragic last night who is filthy with Brett Eddy for leaving Souths and/or coming to Port.
But you loved him a month ago? Nah he can GAGF now. Your joking I said listen to him he's thrilled to be given a
chance when at 27 he'd thought his AFL dream was gone. Playing footy is a footballers job ffs. You want him to miss out?
I can sympathise with the South supporter. After all his club has developed Eddy since their talent identification team first saw him playing U9's for Hackham West Primary. It's not as if he is some football journeyman that just rocked up there a few years back all ready to play. :rolleyes:

He'll play AFL more often than not. There would be nothing gained from playing him in the twos. He's the best forward at that level and we know what he can do there.

I hope Eddy plays the first 10 games or so then fights for his spot with doogs. We make the finals Eddy kicks 10 against South to knock them out.

The next week Eddy kicks the goal of the year from the pocket (but maybe just out of bounds) to win us the AFL prelim at AO and then the flag where Eddy says yeah South was ok but it's good to play for a real club.with a decent culture.

Stuff South, Stuff the Snafl.Pissant collections of vindictive myopic bile infused individuals in a pissant town.

I hope Eddy plays the first 10 games or so then fights for his spot with doogs. We make the finals Eddy kicks 10 against South to knock them out.

The next week Eddy kicks the goal of the year from the pocket (but maybe just out of bounds) to win us the AFL prelim at AO and then the flag where Eddy says yeah South was ok but it's good to play for a real club.with a decent culture.

Stuff South, Stuff the Snafl.Pissant collections of vindictive myopic bile infused individuals in a pissant town.
Alternatively he could just not mention South at all because, ya know, they don't matter and s**t.

To the people praying to the Lord that the AFL come in and take over SA footy, um, would you like to go talk to Tasmanian footy people and ask how well that worked out for them?

A TAC Cup style format to develop young footballers here for the AFL would be great but it would only work with the SANFL and AFL cooperating on it. If the AFL just swoop in and take over development, history indicates that development would get worse. The SANFL are doing a s**t house job of it too which is why a TAC Cup style format footed by both the AFL and SANFL would be for the best. WA and SA should both have it tbh.

7930021a44e64092e059c01ffc2de25502650a38a0c5cd228dfbc82a5cfa7e64_1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he only plays one game for the hear, lets hope it the Crows home showdown and he snags a few goals…..

Then the port crowd can start to chant "eddy……….eddy"

It's a shame people see with closed eyes.

My expectation is that Eddy has been picked as a break glass in case of emergency selection, with a view to his presence easing the introduction of Howard and Marshall into the Magpies. He may surprise, in preseason, but it'd be a big ask for him to work into the 22 come round 1.

Ultimately last thing we'd want is for Dougal on the back of a knee reco, to be playing as the main forward at the Maggies straight away, and of course the same goes for Marshall in terms of the fact he's a rookie. So my thought is his selection was great purely for the bonus he will provide in terms of helping our future key fwds develop, by taking the best defender, along with the break glass purpose he serves.

Charlie picks up an injury and misses the Rd 5 match then Eddy becomes his replacement as I doubt Marshall will be ready. That will be the type of situation he gets a game unless Lobbe or Jacko is absolutely dominating in the ruck and they play Ryder as a permanent forward for that Rd 5 game.

What I liked about Eddy's highlights package from this year is he plays like an AFL forward already. Gets up the ground, gets back in behind defenders and can still mark one on one. His body seems sound and if he gets in a good pre-season where he builds endurance and strength he could be a real possibility to play in round 1. Depends on how Ken and co are planning to set up around Dixon, Westhoff, Trengove, Ryder and Austin (working on the premise that Austin can take over Jacko's tall defender role freeing up Jacko as a potential tall forward option). Lobbe could be in the mix too. Small/medium forwards are covered coming from Wingard, Young, Monfries, Palmer, S Gray, Neade and resting on ballers like R Gray, Wines and Boak.

Ultimately last thing we'd want is for Dougal on the back of a knee reco, to be playing as the main forward at the Maggies straight away, and of course the same goes for Marshall in terms of the fact he's a rookie.
Marshall with his a minute to 6 frame is in for a torrid time in the sanfl. No doubt he's working in the gym right now
coz the way our 18/19 yr olds with under-developed bodies get targeted by hard nuts and snipers is a tough initiation.
I've seen it first hand too often and it aint pretty. Many posters scoff at the local league but it's no walk in the park.
Unlike the AFL there aren't cameras everywhere.

What I liked about Eddy's highlights package from this year is he plays like an AFL forward already. Gets up the ground, gets back in behind defenders and can still mark one on one. His body seems sound and if he gets in a good pre-season where he builds endurance and strength he could be a real possibility to play in round 1. Depends on how Ken and co are planning to set up around Dixon, Westhoff, Trengove, Ryder and Austin (working on the premise that Austin can take over Jacko's tall defender role freeing up Jacko as a potential tall forward option). Lobbe could be in the mix too. Small/medium forwards are covered coming from Wingard, Young, Monfries, Palmer, S Gray, Neade and resting on ballers like R Gray, Wines and Boak.
I agree with what you said.
We had a lot of players out last year and I cant wait, like everyone else, to see how Ken will line up the players as a lot of players will be fighting for a spot in the side in all positions.

As excited to see this guy on the park as anyone, a player on top of his game and full of confidence given a chance at the top level.

Worst case scenario it's going to be a beautiful thing seeing him kick bags every week against the rest of the pissant league.

As excited to see this guy on the park as anyone, a player on top of his game and full of confidence given a chance at the top level.

Worst case scenario it's going to be a beautiful thing seeing him kick bags every week against the rest of the pissant league.
And with Port training under his belt he will be fitter than before. Like you, I cant wait to see him play for Port.

My expectation is that Eddy has been picked as a break glass in case of emergency selection, with a view to his presence easing the introduction of Howard and Marshall into the Magpies. He may surprise, in preseason, but it'd be a big ask for him to work into the 22 come round 1.

Ultimately last thing we'd want is for Dougal on the back of a knee reco, to be playing as the main forward at the Maggies straight away, and of course the same goes for Marshall in terms of the fact he's a rookie. So my thought is his selection was great purely for the bonus he will provide in terms of helping our future key fwds develop, by taking the best defender, along with the break glass purpose he serves.
I'm kinda hoping that this post can be nicely bumped when he works his way in the the 22 and stays there whilst averaging 2-3 goals a game and kicking a few bags of 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back