List Mgmt. Rookie Draft 2016 (Got Eddy Bretts, pillaged SNUFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we don't get a ruckman in the main draft then the best ruckman eg 21 year old

Darcy Cameron
Claremont
204cm/104kg
18/7/95

Cameron was overlooked at the 2013 NAB AFL Draft with a query on his pace and his consistency in competing. But he's improved those aspects of his game and presents as a mature-age tall who is able to play in the ruck and in attack. Cameron has enjoyed a solid season at WAFL level for Claremont.

2016 rookie list:
Kane Mitchell (delisted)
Will Snelling (retain)
Dan Houston (retain)
Cam Hewett (retain)
Nathan Krakouer (promote)

I assume Houston and Hewett will be retained as they weren't in the initial round of delistings. I think both showed more than enough to deserve a second year.

Krak gets promoted as he is in my best 22. Snelling isn't yet and as such stays on the rookie list for another season.

I think we will go with a senior list of 38 and the maximum rookie list of 6. One more than list year. This helps with salary cap and as we have committed to taking Monfries and will hopefully look at another mature aged forward it shouldn't hurt our depth.

Additions:
Project ruckman (plenty of good SA options should be available)
Mature aged forward (Reynolds or Eddy seem most likely)
Angus Monfries (last pick in the draft)

Category B:
Ariek Lual (Multicultural Academy)

I would pass on Emmanuel Irra.

If we don't get a ruckman in the main draft then the best ruckman eg 21 year old

Darcy Cameron
Claremont
204cm/104kg
18/7/95

Cameron was overlooked at the 2013 NAB AFL Draft with a query on his pace and his consistency in competing. But he's improved those aspects of his game and presents as a mature-age tall who is able to play in the ruck and in attack. Cameron has enjoyed a solid season at WAFL level for Claremont.

I dont mind this option.

Our first 4 picks this year are way too good to be spending on ruckmen given whats available.

I think we should consider...

Tony Olango - NT

holy s**t, look at that leap!

a ruck who has second efforts! I remember when Lobbe had this string to his bow

A few people bouncing around the suggestion of Mitch Clark or Chris Dawes...

...I'd much rather give an opportunity to Brett Eddy.

Brett Eddy
Age - 27
Height - 193cm
Weight - 92kg
2016 Goals - 68 goals (second best in 2016 was Kory Beard of Sturt on 46).

He would be a handy pick up and would probably thrive in an AFL club - kicks straight as well

I would pass on Emmanuel Irra.
I've heard he was dropped to reserves for finals and obviously unhappy about it and with Souths in general atm.
The knock on him tries to do too much, lacks awareness and gets caught HTB too often. Not doubting his athleticism
but his footy smarts and team 1st ethos. Plays a roll we have more than a few of. Imo leave him for another yr ...wait and see.

I doubt we'd take a ruckman this draft. Last year it was needed because Ryder was out and Frampton wasnt ready, but Frampton should now be very close and Ryder will obviously mean Lobbe spends most of the year in the SANFL. So i think we'll ignore the ruck position this year and take a look next year when we make the final calls on Snelling, Hewett and Houston.

For me I think this year we should be looking at 3 mids, a key fwd, and utility/key back/key fwd type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Cameron
Claremont
204cm/104kg
18/7/95

a big yes ...

A few people bouncing around the suggestion of Mitch Clark or Chris Dawes...

...I'd much rather give an opportunity to Brett Eddy.

Brett Eddy
Age - 27
Height - 193cm
Weight - 92kg
2016 Goals - 68 goals (second best in 2016 was Kory Beard of Sturt on 46).

+1

I dont mind this option.

Our first 4 picks this year are way too good to be spending on ruckmen given whats available.

Darcy Cameron is a ruck forward .. and this year he kicked about 37 goals .. and if we have him as a 2nd ruck in the forward pocket he would take some of the opposition players away from Charlie (thus letting Charlie compete more 1 on 1 instead of 2 or 3 on 1 )

I doubt we'd take a ruckman this draft. Last year it was needed because Ryder was out and Frampton wasnt ready, but Frampton should now be very close and Ryder will obviously mean Lobbe spends most of the year in the SANFL. So i think we'll ignore the ruck position this year and take a look next year when we make the final calls on Snelling, Hewett and Houston.

For me I think this year we should be looking at 3 mids, a key fwd, and utility/key back/key fwd type.

I am more 1 or 2 mids and 1 or 2 KPF (seeing how we have delisted 4 KPF in the last 2 years) ..

I also hope 1 of the key forwards can also play ruck ..

Darcy Cameron is a ruck forward .. and this year he kicked about 37 goals .. and if we have him as a 2nd ruck in the forward pocket he would take some of the opposition players away from Charlie (thus letting Charlie compete more 1 on 1 instead of 2 or 3 on 1 )

A Ryder (Ruck/CHF), Cameron (CHF/Ruck), Dixon (FF) combination would be huge! (Excuse the pun)

Still want Brett Eddy though :)

Haven't we told monfries we will sign him as a rookie ?

That would mean

Monfries
Houston
Hewett
?
?

I would target a project ruck like sweet ladhams lynch or darcy. Whichever slipped through to rookie draft. Then some,project player passed over in draft

A Ryder (Ruck/CHF), Cameron (CHF/Ruck), Dixon (FF) combination would be huge! (Excuse the pun)

Still want Brett Eddy though :)

the top 3 (a big tick)

even with the 3 mentioned (in the first line) I would still want Eddy

Eddy ..at best plays several games for the Power . at worse he plays several games for the magpies (hopefully helping us get a premiership)

Think WCE would be keen on him - certainly their supporters who call 6PR are. May depend on what they can do with DFAs before then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back