Rookie Draft - Daniel Hayes

Source: Lillydale & Yarra Valley Leader (via Demonland)

DANIEL HAYES (180cm, 70kg, Montrose)

"Hayes, a lightning-quick winger, had an interrupted season at TAC Cup level but his talent and physical attributes are undeniable. He produced top-10 results for the agility and vertical leap tests at the AIS draft camp and applied himself diligently in every challenge presented. He was a surprise selection for last year's Vic Metro team."

John Lamont (coach): "It depends on how much the AFL clubs like him. Obviously, there are a few that are interested in him because he got an invite to the camp. He worked pretty well up there; we've just got wait and see now.''

20452826.jpg

I like the pick, sounds a lot better than the likes of Fanning/Eriksen (lanky, crap ruckman)

Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
That's true. Let's hope the premiership record kicks in damn soon. I'll take some sheedy-like insanity from Danners if it brings us some flags.

CaptainDavey

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
The Shire
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
Amen to that brother. As I said in one of the other threads, I'm incredibly excited for this club for the next few years, I think we've set ourselves up not only for just one Premiership shot, but many to come. Everyone talks of an Brisbane-like dynasty for the Eagles...Who says we're not capeable of the same?

Ok...Maybe a little optimistic. I can feel it guys! Get on the bandwagon!

davey_magik

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 27, 2004
central vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
west ham
Amen to that brother. As I said in one of the other threads, I'm incredibly excited for this club for the next few years, I think we've set ourselves up not only for just one Premiership shot, but many to come. Everyone talks of an Brisbane-like dynasty for the Eagles...Who says we're not capeable of the same?

Ok...Maybe a little optimistic. I can feel it guys! Get on the bandwagon!

Maybe a bit optimistic :p but I know what you mean.
The potential's there (I hate saying that) and it's up to the players.
Though we're still a long way behind WCE and still behind Sydney.

Glorfindel

Team Captain
Dec 12, 2022
AFL Club
Tasmania
Maybe a bit optimistic :p but I know what you mean.
The potential's there (I hate saying that) and it's up to the players.
Though we're still a long way behind WCE and still behind Sydney.

Hi schmuttt

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sorry to drag up a necro'd thread (and I can never remember BF rules about posting on other clubs forums so mods feel free to gurge and/or swing the ban hammer).

Wow - that's a really sad article.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Sorry to drag up a necro'd thread (and I can never remember BF rules about posting on other clubs forums so mods feel free to gurge and/or swing the ban hammer).

That’s an extremely sad article, I’m hoping he gets all the help he needs to live a stable life.

Back