Rookie draft pick #9 Tobin Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

According the this article, young Tobin has had a growth spurt! Drafted at 177, now 181.

At this rate he'll be a key forward by the age of 23. Perfect!
5cm taller than Sam Gray.

According the this article, young Tobin has had a growth spurt! Drafted at 177, now 181.

At this rate he'll be a key forward by the age of 23. Perfect!
Not sure. Our game plan suggests 177 cm is the perfect height for a KPF.

I've only seen a bit of Tobin on tv but could not get a real gauge on his pace, is he blessed with speed or is he a bit medium paced?

For some reason he remind me of Angus Monfries. Probably because of his build, and he is also very good in the air. Plays taller than what he is. Differences are Cox is not quite as defensive-minded as a forward.

Varied reports on his speed. Quick as a 16 year old, then seen as slower due to added muscle bulk and injuries before being drafted. His profile onsite says Fast and skilful and I think that is accurate now. I have rarely seen him outpaced in the SANFL for what that is worth. I think the answer is he is fast enough. His ability in the air, his skills, his contested work and ability to find his own ball, along with what I estimate to be quicker than average leg speed, make him a player to watch. Whether he struggles to get into the team while Rozee, Butters, Ebert, Williams and Gray are all available might be an issue. However, as some of those players retire, or move into the middle there is room for him if he is good enough and stays fit.

I really like him. I think he has more chance than Farrell because he has some of Monfries mongrel and can find his own ball. Farrell seems to go missing for large parts of games, especially if the ball is not handed or kicked to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back