Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh well, guess we aren't taking any cat B's for the moment. Suppose we also have plenty to deal with given we also have a women's team now that other teams don't.

After seeing Carter at training I'm certainly not going to melt over not getting Watson :)

Still plenty of talent from up in The Kimberley and soon we'll have proper access and not have to deal with technicalities like moving from the region to play football or over a certain age rubbish.

Well we stated before the rookie draft that we would only sign 4 players therefore there was no indication we would sign another.
We then didn't so it makes sense that we didn't try to sign him.

Either:
- Freo offered him a cat b deal and he chose the Eagles, or
- he wasn't offered anything by Freo.

Either way, Freo's statement about only signing four players gives no indication either way about what happened.

He would have made his decision before the rookie draft. So Freo would have known whether they would sign him as a cat b rookie at the time they made that statement.

Either:

Either way, Freo's statement about only signing four players gives no indication either way about what happened.

He would have made his decision before the rookie draft. So Freo would have known whether they would sign him as a cat b rookie at the time they made that statement.
you can have him .

you can have him .

I was just responding to suggestions that there was evidence that Freo didn't want him.

I thought I understood the system well enough to know that this can't be known, but academies are confusing so I wouldn't be surprised if I'd made a mistake.

I am just trying to find out if this is the case as the academy rules interest me.

Either:

If he had made his decision then he would have been signed yesterday, the likely case is we decided to go without him and told him yesterday and he sorted out a deal with West Coast who would have approached him.

I'm not even sure why you felt the need to nitpick this though? in my original post I did say either way it doesn't matter now he is yours...

If he had made his decision then he would have been signed yesterday, the likely case is we decided to go without him and told him yesterday and he sorted out a deal with West Coast who would have approached him.

I'm not even sure why you felt the need to nitpick this though? in my original post I did say either way it doesn't matter now he is yours...

You said it didn't matter, but you made a point of going out of your way to suggest that Freo probably didn't want him...

We don't know if Freo said no to him or he said no to Freo. There is no evidence to suggest that either is more likely. Not sure why you won't admit this?

You said it didn't matter, but you made a point of going out of your way to suggest that Freo probably didn't want him...

We don't know if Freo said no to him or he said no to Freo. There is no evidence to suggest that either is more likely. Not sure why you won't admit this?
Either way he is all yours now.

Nah i actually said I think we passed on him and wasn't even thinking about that being a bad or good thing until you posted a follow up.

It honestly doesn't matter at all, personally I would have given him a shot, very little risk with a Cat B rookie anyway

Nah i actually said I think we passed on him and wasn't even thinking about that being a bad or good thing until you posted a follow up.

It honestly doesn't matter at all, personally I would have given him a shot, very little risk with a Cat B rookie anyway

All clubs passed on him in the rookie draft. Just as all clubs had the opportunity to arrange to sign him as a cat b rookie.

Sounds like a bit of a mix-up from my end. I suppose that makes sense as no one could know if Freo offered him a cat b deal, or he rejected their offer, unless it's revealed publicly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All clubs passed on him in the rookie draft. Just as all clubs had the opportunity to arrange to sign him as a cat b rookie.

Sounds like a bit of a mix-up from my end. I suppose that makes sense as no one could know if Freo offered him a cat b deal, or he rejected their offer, unless it's revealed publicly.
Just assume he reject freo.

We kept hearing how good Cat B Rookie Corey Adamson was developing at East Perth and on current form would be upgraded to the senior list next season.

Sadly now Corey works on the deep fryers at McDonalds in Midland.

So it looks like he is going to be more successful than Cousins, Kerr, Hunter, Fletcher and Chicky post footy??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back