Rookie draft

Remove this Banner Ad

King Cotch

Debutant
Sep 7, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone with a more extensive knowledge than me on the remaining draft hopefuls that they’d like to see us give a rookie spot too?

P.s. feel free to remove this or merge it mods, but couldn’t find a thread on it this year

Anyone with a more extensive knowledge than me on the remaining draft hopefuls that they’d like to see us give a rookie spot too?

P.s. feel free to remove this or merge it mods, but couldn’t find a thread on it this year

There are two players I am interested in and those are Cassidy Parish and Sam Collins - Collins would seem to suit our needs for depth in KPD, Parish could develop into a very good big bodied clearance player and naturally finds the footy.

But i dont have a depth of knowledge about other available players

Don't we have an academy kid who is a possibility?

If so, then if he's anywhere close to good enough, lets take him!

The odds of our last rookie being good is fairly slim, but the boost to our academy by showing we're serious and will give kids a chance if they've got potential, etc. could pay off far bigger in the long run. Our last rookie pick is a small price to pay for sending that message.

Don't we have an academy kid who is a possibility?

If so, then if he's anywhere close to good enough, lets take him!

The odds of our last rookie being good is fairly slim, but the boost to our academy by showing we're serious and will give kids a chance if they've got potential, etc. could pay off far bigger in the long run. Our last rookie pick is a small price to pay for sending that message.

Derek Smith a possibility

Smith will be taken. I'd love to see us look at Kreuger but we've only got the 1 spot i believe.

Most likely 1 pick to replace George. Which brings our list to 4. Pretty sure the maximum is 6 (not including cat B)
The maximum is 6 rookies but only if you have 38 players on the senior list
You are allowed a total of 44 players, with a max of 40 on the senior list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there 3 more father sons in this draft?
Lambert
Broderick
Turner

Any worth a rookie spot?
Pretty sure Lambert was playing 2s for QAFL side Morningside so there would be literally hundreds of players ahead of him in the queue. I watched a couple of games through the season and cant say he stood out. But he could improve over the next couple of years and put himself into the picture.

Wonder if we will Cat B rookie that Irish Bloke that was mentioned in the draft thread.
Would have thought it would have been announced by now if we were interested. Would have sign him (Stefan Okunbor) for 2 years if we did commit.
As we have a good crop of NGA players next year, possibly we might be earmarking spots for those guys.

Parish is the last piece we need for a perfect year. A big midfielder would fill every hole we had imo. 18 year old clearance player at 190cm and 88kg with time to grow

Can't kick though. Players like him are a dime a dozen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back