Rookie Lotto 2019: bumped back from oblivion edition. What rookies to start onfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Having a look at Hawks side, I'm not sure who would come out for Miles
Henderson, Langford or Hartung most likely
I'm surprised Henderson is named on a wing. Would've thought it's down back or nothing for him. Hawks have enough medium forwards also.

The regret of having Butler on my bench and Pickett on the field instead

God I remember this feeling now

Nankervis is making up for it though, great game for his price

I'm surprised Henderson is named on a wing. Would've thought it's down back or nothing for him. Hawks have enough medium forwards also.
Henderson has proven he can't defend. He squibs it harder than most. He needs to play a role which utilises his strengths, which is his ball use. Needs to play on the wing and forward of centre. Will be interesting to see how the Hawks use him. Has the potential to be decent if he plays a role that suits him. Still not DT relevant though.

Oh good, not just me
I had Black, not playing, onfield with Butler as sub. Eddy as well. Gave me maximun chance of a good score, with the partial lockout, as could trade to a playing forward, if Butler wasn't great. Think I'll take the 90+ and keep Black. So glad I didn't have Picket onfield.

Had Marchbank in Fantasy for 78, but Zak Jones in SC so happy enough there.

So p.....d off that it was nearly 7 before I got the playing lists. Computer was slow. Didn't get round to picking Butler in Fantasy, wouldn't have started him on field.

Did anybody else find that both sites were slow? AFL probably have the boffins who organised the census managing their site, and were surprised by the traffic!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm decisions on who to field over Stewart, otten, Smith, Hibberd.....leaning towards Stewart and Otten at this stage.
Jake Kelly named on field and Otten on the extended bench. I don't think the Otten selection is such a good one now. The Crows are obviously worried about going in too tall, hence the decision. I am going Stewart myself.

Hmmmm decisions on who to field over Stewart, otten, Smith, Hibberd.....leaning towards Stewart and Otten at this stage.
Smith v Otten is the tough one for me.
Smith is in largely due to injury so he could come out immediately once Frost is fit. Then again, he could kill it and stay in.
Otten has much more experience, will score better and I imagine will play games this year - but perhaps not the first.
If Otten doesn't play and I pick Smith I know it will be the classic trade burn in Smith dropped round 2 and Otten picked for the crows.

My tip is that you are gonna seriously regret doing that by the end of next weekend.
Since I had Strnadica as a captaincy loophole I replaced him with Preuss and Black with a non-playing minimum price Freo rookie who also happens to be a mid/forward. So I've retained a Freo loophole, have all my other rookies playing except Otten ?(extended bench). So I've saved a trade. I could have keep Black and trade Eddy instead but he is not guaranteed a start next week.

Unless their are injuries Powell-Pepper is my M8, and I only have to find F5&6 out of Taranto, Butler, Eddy, Parfitt, Picket. All the rest are cash cows.

Since I had Strnadica as a captaincy loophole I replaced him with Preuss and Black with a non-playing minimum price Freo rookie who also happens to be a mid/forward. So I've retained a Freo loophole, have all my other rookies playing except Otten ?(extended bench). So I've saved a trade. I could have keep Black and trade Eddy instead but he is not guaranteed a start next week.

Unless their are injuries Powell-Pepper is my M8, and I only have to find F5&6 out of Taranto, Butler, Eddy, Parfitt, Picket. All the rest are cash cows.
You know that this is the dream-team board with discussion about 'Real Dream Team' right ?? Captaincy loophole is irrelevant in rdt. Every round from here on out has a full lockout from the first bounce on a Friday night. Start revising your plans ASAP !!

On field rookie decisions for this week
Stewart, Smith or Otten (leaning Otten if named)
Barrett, SPP or Hibberd (leaning Barrett based on opposition)
Eddy or Parfitt (Parfitt playing the dockers, but neither are types to work up the ground)

I'm choosing Barrett based on them playing Gold Coast. I'm not actually 100% sold on SPP even if most of the know world is. Has JS, that's about all we can hope for

Eddy/Parfitt is such an unknown, Eddy had such a solid JLT but against Sydney? I dunno

I'm choosing Barrett based on them playing Gold Coast. I'm not actually 100% sold on SPP even if most of the know world is. Has JS, that's about all we can hope for

Eddy/Parfitt is such an unknown, Eddy had such a solid JLT but against Sydney? I dunno

Go Parfitt. Was patrolling wing / half forward in the JLT

Parfitt should be a good F6 for now, will be in my forward set up next week probably, but will leave him at M11 for this week due to Pickett at F7.

I changed Houston to Hannan, more confident in Hannan getting more games from what I seen of him in the VFL last year. Good sign of confidence from Melbourne bringing him in after only VFL hitouts coming off a shoulder. He has the talent to make it as a medium forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back