Rookie Pick 26 (2016) - Brett Eddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Where in my post did I say I didn't won't to win a reserves premiership?

RossFC has answered the question for me but answer me these two questions;

1. Without looking it up how many SNAFL reserves' premierships have we won?
2. Without looking it up how many SNAFL premierships have we won?

I'd bet, if you're honest, you couldn't get 1 correct but have no trouble with getting 2 correct. Reserves premierships are a nice to have but we shouldn't focus on them at the expense of AFL premierships.
It was an sanfl premiership not an sanfl reserves premiership. Yeah it was our second team but they are representing the pafc in the sanfl league, not reserves comp

It was an sanfl premiership not an sanfl reserves premiership. Yeah it was our second team but they are representing the pafc in the sanfl league, not reserves comp
OK, so you completely missed the point. That's fine :)

Where in my post did I say I didn't won't to win a reserves premiership?

RossFC has answered the question for me but answer me these two questions;

1. Without looking it up how many SNAFL reserves' premierships have we won?
2. Without looking it up how many SNAFL premierships have we won?

I'd bet, if you're honest, you couldn't get 1 correct but have no trouble with getting 2 correct. Reserves premierships are a nice to have but we shouldn't focus on them at the expense of AFL premierships.
one spot won't make that big of a deal and as I've said after it will also help push along the young fellas as they won't get their *sses handed to them by a opposition defender

Broader arguments about how we should be building our list aside, the "we should keep Brett Eddy to help us win an SANFL premiership" argument would hold more weight if we weren't three days removed from a Brett Eddy shank costing us an SANFL premiership.

one spot won't make that big of a deal and as I've said after it will also help push along the young fellas as they won't get their *sses handed to them by a opposition defender
Yes, it is only one spot on our list but don't you think it might be possible to get a better player on our list?

Yes, it is only one spot on our list but don't you think it might be possible to get a better player on our list?
Well if their are any more players who want to play under Ken and Koch then go for it but I don't think we'd be that lucky:(

For those wanting Eddy to be retained, what output would you expect if he came into the side? It seems fairly evident he won't be anything other than back up for Dixon, so what would you expect for him? 1 goal a game? 2? If he does snag 1 goal with few touches, marks, hitouts, etc then is that better than playing a debutant who won't maybe kick the same goals but would be comparable and potentially better in the long term?

How about all 3 playing in a game.

Oh no, Ken thinks that's just silly

We had 139 tackles on Sunday - Brett Eddy tackles - nil - yes zero tackles!!
18 year old Marshall nursing a leg injury had six!
I can't really find the words to describe how poor Eddy was in the GF
I know Iwas their he almost looked like he didn't want to be out there

We had 139 tackles on Sunday - Brett Eddy tackles - nil - yes zero tackles!!
18 year old Marshall nursing a leg injury had six!
I can't really find the words to describe how poor Eddy was in the GF
Was he trying? This is a serious question as I haven't seen the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was he trying? This is a serious question as I haven't seen the game?

It was a weird effort where he didn't seem to present a lead, get to the drop of the ball, provide protection, tackle and no desperation.

Probably useful on the rookie list for another season

Not sure with Brett, unfortunately he played his worst game in the the most important game. Not sure what happened in the GF, we seemed to suddenly play like a carbon copy of the AFL side with our forward movement, which imo had an effect on Edddy;s game.

Everyone was stoked beyond belief that Marshall came into the side and was persisted with for the final. Everyone was completely against bringing back Trengove or dropping Marshall for the final. "Our forward line is so much better" everyone said. Now when Trengove is leaving and Marshall has the chance to cement himself people are getting cold feet. .....
Everyone??? I dont think you read many posts then. Plenty wanted Trengove in Marshall out. A few like me wanted Trengove and Marshall in and Impey out.

Everyone gets filed in the incorrectly used words on bigfooty box.

Will always be remembered as the guy who cost us the 2017 SANFL flag.

Will always be remembered as one of about a dozen guys who cost us the 2017 SANFL flag.

Carn mate. He was among many who had shockers that day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back