News Jarrod Lienert signs for North Melbourne VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

When everyone else was making mistakes down back, he was the cool head making sure he hit targets and executed spoils. Good debut.

Impressive debut by Jarrod. Played well, didnt panic and used his weapon a few times. Players should handball to him and not bloody Pittard.

How well did Jarrod play? Well Champion Data's algorithm gave him 2nd best on ground.

I though Coniglio was BOG. He is a great player. I reckon this year he will fulfill that potential he showed as a 16 year old when he helped Swan Districts win the 2010 WAFL Grand Final by 1 point (their first flag since 1990) and he kicked 4 goals playing only his 4th or 5th senior game.

Nice effort by Jarrod to get second to him by CD's ratings

DiswVFCU8AAx1q8.jpg

He was excellent, can't remember him making a mistake. Can see him staying in the team for the rest of the season.
Probably not the best decision to go for the double fist in the last qtr (a pet hate of mine), but had a very good debut.

Probably not the best decision to go for the double fist in the last qtr (a pet hate of mine), but had a very good debut.

You're no alone. Why? 2 hands at the ball = mark? He's been watching afl defenders?

Great start though.

Lienert should hold his spot even when Ryder and Jonas return. I'm not sure how to look up metres gained but I reckon he would have to be near the top. So many long penetrating kicks yesterday.

How well did Jarrod play? Well Champion Data's algorithm gave him 2nd best on ground.

I though Coniglio was BOG. He is a great player. I reckon this year he will fulfill that potential he showed as a 16 year old when he helped Swan Districts win the 2010 WAFL Grand Final by 1 point (their first flag since 1990) and he kicked 4 goals playing only his 4th or 5th senior game.

Nice effort by Jarrod to get second to him by CD's ratings

DiswVFCU8AAx1q8.jpg

Having looked at these graphs since they became a thing, I don't think I've seen a half of football as bad as Dixon's first half yesterday. He was getting murdered as ruck yet we didn't make the move until the 3rd quarter. This is mindbogglingly bad game day coaching.

Now I can't stop imaging a smashed guitar noise playing every time a port player kicks the ball. I should really edit a video with our clanger kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lienert should hold his spot even when Ryder and Jonas return. I'm not sure how to look up metres gained but I reckon he would have to be near the top. So many long penetrating kicks yesterday.

Polec 744m and 6 score involvements
Pittard 691m and 2. Long 55m bombs to the oppo
Clurey 424m and 1
Boak 408m and 5 inc kicking 1.1
Robbie 381m and 9 inc kicking 2.0
Lienert 379m and 5
Wingard 363m and 6 inc kicking 0.1

Every one else under 300m and score involvements under 5 except for
Dixon 203m and 6 inc kicking 3.2
Ebert 200m and 5 inc kicking 1.1

Now I can't stop imaging a smashed guitar noise playing every time a port player kicks the ball. I should really edit a video with our clanger kicks.
There was a guy in the mall before the march doing Benny Hill's yakkety sax on a guitar. Maybe we can get him for the next home game.

Having looked at these graphs since they became a thing, I don't think I've seen a half of football as bad as Dixon's first half yesterday. He was getting murdered as ruck yet we didn't make the move until the 3rd quarter. This is mindbogglingly bad game day coaching.
Look at the graph ... Wines figure is not so good as well.

The fightback in the third quarter started when Lienert got a fifty and put the ball right on Charlie's chest. The pass must have been a welcome relief from the bombs that had been coming in all night. He turns 24 on the 5th of August, hopefully we can parcel up the Showdown as an early birthday present after winning our home Showdown this year on my birthday.

Did exactly what was expected of him. Some run and carry and long kicks to good position. He also defended well in some tricky one on one match ups. Impressive debut.

When everyone else was making mistakes down back, he was the cool head making sure he hit targets and executed spoils. Good debut.
Except the unpressured spoil that went straight to the front of the pack to Greene who kicked the sealer I agree. The kick inside 50 to Dixon was one of the best entries inside 50 I've seen all year.

Last edited:
Needs to stay in for the rest of the year. Give him some good experience. We could have another Jonas type on our hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back