News Jarrod Lienert signs for North Melbourne VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Just shows you, a good solid sanfl player with a few years of senior level experience can slot right in and play his role at afl level. Theyre out there, too much is made of trivial crap like time trials and agility tests and whatever other pointless crap they do these days. Not enough based on solid good footballers. We should learn from this.

I think all clubs acknowledge that there are good players out there in the state leagues who can step in and add something to an AFL side. But always a bit miffed at these kind of righteous posts that inevitably pop up - I mean, guys like Darren Pfeiffer & Simon Phillips were excellent in the year or two preceding their re-drafting so a holistic approach assessing and benchmarking all their attributes (which yes, does involve time trials & agility tests) is an important step in the process. Lienert clearly had an awesome kick on him and his performance in the finals in 2016 was outstanding, but there are many guys at state league level who've honed their game to be highly successful at that level while exhibiting deficiencies that hinder their ability to step up when placed in the AFL.

But back on topic and he has stepped in and looked very composed in both of his matches thus far. Adaptable and reliable are very handy traits to possess.

Reckon he might have a decent year as our third tall replacing Hombsch. Looked really composed at the top level.

Cool bump, would read again.

Put one kicking out from the extra ling goal square and one on the wing and keep Charlie in the other goal square :)
Calm your farm fella, that would be at least 2 people kicking long in one game. Are we ready for that?

Jarrod Lienert exploring his Aboriginal heritage through Port's programs

PORT ADELAIDE defender Jarrod Lienert has long known about his Indigenous heritage but it has only been in the past year that he has started to explore that part of his identity.
The powerfully built big man has had a big year, breaking into the Power side and making his AFL debut late in the 2018 campaign.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-02-14/lienerts-indigenous-heritage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol the only thing so far I remember about Lienert is his AFLX performance last year. Pushed a few blokes over, gave away 50's and kicked a ball away. All with a s**t eating smirk.

Played alright in his half a dozen games at the end of the season. Showed enough to look like an AFL player.

Played alright in his half a dozen games at the end of the season. Showed enough to look like an AFL player.

I admit I didn't watch much of the tail end of the season. I doubt I'm the only one.

and draft highlights

Let's assume we play a more open organised style this year then Jarrod could should be a real weapon.
From these clips ^ it's obvious he 'sees' options and with the power in his leg these options can be 60ms away.
Chad Cornes said of Lienert in 2017 "I think we've found a player here".

With Butron, Houston and Hartlett (little bit of midfeild ?) across half back id like to see Lienert used in the midfield a bit this year, really opens up a spot for him in the AFL side. Great size, good pace and BOOMING kick. Would be handy through the middle.

I feel that he has been a bit pigeonholed in defence at the SANFL because of our lack of height in the maggies.

lol the only thing so far I remember about Lienert is his AFLX performance last year. Pushed a few blokes over, gave away 50's and kicked a ball away. All with a s**t eating smirk.
Surely taking the piss in AFLX is enough to make him a fan favourite

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back