Welcome Rookie Pick 9 (2016) - Peter Ladhams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JimmyBeerCans

Hall of Famer
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How does the whole nominate a rookie thing work? I'm not after Ben Jarman I'm just interested or is it a father/son rookie nom system furry funny afl-ee type scenario

Macca19

Jan 14, 2001
Albertr0n
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, Orlando Magic
There's no bidding on rookies.

If you nominate a F/S pick, that club has to take them at a minimum with your last pick in the national draft (like what we saw with Daicos)

Jarman wasn't nominated so both Adelaide/Hawthorn felt they could probably get him in the rookie draft. If someone gets in first then its Ade/Hawks bad luck. Any academy kids that were nominated and not bid on in the national draft are 100% up for grabs as well.

JimmyBeerCans

Hall of Famer
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks Macca19 it just sounds like it's done thing Jarman to Adelaide going by the news on the radio.. Obviously a 5aa-ery vibe

wilbur_15

All Australian
Nov 22, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There's no bidding on rookies.

If you nominate a F/S pick, that club has to take them at a minimum with your last pick in the national draft (like what we saw with Daicos)

Jarman wasn't nominated so both Adelaide/Hawthorn felt they could probably get him in the rookie draft. If someone gets in first then its Ade/Hawks bad luck. Any academy kids that were nominated and not bid on in the national draft are 100% up for grabs as well.
Seems the bolded is incorrect:

"Max Spencer (Gold Coast) and Zach Sproule (GWS) will join their clubs as academy pre-selections"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-28/no-preseason-draft-rookie-draft-order-revealed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nemisis

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Three talls please.... or three midgets that are guns
NOOOO mediums (or psychic's)

Adz2332

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Scharenburg i want with our first! shocked he wasnt taken in the ND. ideal !!

Top Bottom