News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think Hayes has been stiff to miss out until this point but now would be the right time to give him a shot, assuming he plays well this week.

Lacking in confidence and it shows. Our entry into our forward line was putrid and he's playing predominantly as a forward, so kind of expected. No surprise Charlie is also struggling.

A confident Ladhams is an excellent player, he gets about and shows his strengths. Currently he's going into his shell. I'd play him next week against Carlton to try get some form, and then back to the Sanfl if he doesn't get form.

A number of our players are out of form but most of the others showed signs of improvement in the second half (Harltett, DBJ etc). Ladhams hasn't shown it yet

I dont think Hayes has been stiff to miss out until this point but now would be the right time to give him a shot, assuming he plays well this week.
Problem is if you play him he needs significant time in the ruck you can't just plonk him in a forward pocket for 80% game time.

This is true.

Dixon looks confident when not at deep forward position.
Tends to hit the contest with two hands and with intent when further up the ground. Role to change to roaming CHF?

I like it when Dixon is laying tackles in the front half and shoving the fear of kernhinkley into the opposition. If you are second guessing wether or not youre going to be hit by this guy youre only half the player you should be. The goals will come to Dixon if he is not totally focused on them!

You’re a flog, I know this is an Internet forum but go read Dunkley’s article released this week.

A young Ruckman showing plenty of promise, will only get better.

as You mentioned it’s a forum.. no need for that type of response.

if ya disagree fair enough.

otherwise get a massive dog up ya

He’s like Hartlett - and to be honest a few of our players at the minute (DBJ, Dixon) - out of form.

We seem a few steps off the pace, not a bad thing to be winning games like that though.

When Ladhams is on he’s a great player.
Great? Low base?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was channeling Matty Lobbe last night. Has talent and we need to persevere but needs a spell in the readies to figure some things out. Can’t afford to carry him in current form.

as You mentioned it’s a forum.. no need for that type of response.

if ya disagree fair enough.

otherwise get a massive dog up ya

You're going to attack a Port Adelaide footballer the way you did and then have a cry because somebody was mean to you about it? Turn it up.

Just looking at the numbers, Pittonet seems to have held his own against some very good rucks he's faced this season including English and Gawn, so it appears Ladhams did good to match HOs
Ladhams would be the perfect second ruck right now to be fair.
Wish there was balls sooner to drop Westhoff and pair him with Lycett, hell that scenario probably prevents a Lycett injury
Yeah our midfield's disappearing act without rucks providing a silver service has always been an issue.
Ladhams is basically Dean Cox without the ruckwork
As soon as Pete kicked his first goal tonight, two rucks experiment:

great-success-22.png
Do you flip-flop match Shaucob Burjan with your posts on Ladhams?

Looked at the stats in the Mail.
Ladhams 18 disposals and 37 hitouts!!!!!!!
What the....?
Was I confusing him with somebody else? Thought he got pantsed all game, except the second quarter, where he was really good.
Should be BoG with those figures.
Does Jordan Hinckley do the stats?

At one stage in the second quarter when i looked at the stats we were 10 in front in hitouts and 10 behind in clearances. Some of it was his fault, but a lot of it wasnt

At one stage in the second quarter when i looked at the stats we were 10 in front in hitouts and 10 behind in clearances. Some of it was his fault, but a lot of it wasnt

I think people have become very used to the aggression that Lycett brings to the table around the stoppages so when that wasn't there and the Bulldogs mids were on top, Ladhams becomes an easy target. Ladhams isn't that type of player, his strength is more getting involved around the ground in link up play. I thought he was serviceable, certainly don't think Hayes would've been any better.