News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladhams was outstanding today. I missed the 3rd quarter but people told me it was the same as the the other 3 I saw. He was doing everything - winning taps, grabbing the ball out of the ruck, getting clearances - got 10, taking pack crashing marks, good at ground level, lead for the ball nicely when rested at FF and kicked 2 goals 1. The point was a 55m set shot in front of the bowling club that at the last second caught the breeze and hit the post. In the last quarter he had a set shot from 55m out in front of the Quinn stand and nailed it.

Hinkley the last couple of years has used the phrase outstanding re players dropped to the Magpies and described the way they played an average game, to justify a recall to the A grade. Pretty sure he described Motlop''s game last week against WWT as outstanding when it was average to good.

Ladhams the last 2 weeks has been the definition of outstanding and what a 100 game AFL player should be producing at SANFL level if he gets dropped and wants a recall. Ladhams won't be able to dominate his opponents and rack up numbers like the last 2 weeks in the AFL if he gets picked this year, but he is ready to play at that level and will be able to compete against anyone and will be more than just a tall player competing for the tap.

Question: Brogan was bloody good in playing that tall behind the play ....does Ladhams show any of that particularly as our new ruck coach..
Can do it, but didn't really need to do it today as he pushed forward a lot. Took most of his marks in the mid field.

Brilliant numbers and reports of his development this year. Really hard to see him fitting in the side though, although Grundy won the night last evening there's no question Ryder and Lycett remain the number one combination for the coming year. So really his only way in is through the forward line or by means of an injury.

Brilliant numbers and reports of his development this year. Really hard to see him fitting in the side though, although Grundy won the night last evening there's no question Ryder and Lycett remain the number one combination for the coming year. So really his only way in is through the forward line or by means of an injury.
Going on past seasons I am fairly confident Paddy will need a game or two off at some stage.

Could Ryder be our CHF and ruck Lycett & Ladhams

Given his age, consistency, and past form, there's a reasonable argument to be to made to give Ryder a week off every few weeks and play Ladhams instead.

And if Ladhams earns the right to stay in the side ahead of Ryder, so be it.

Give Ladhams the #35 PB jumper at training this week. Too many soft efforts in the A grade on Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to hear how Ladhams has gone from near delisting to absolute SANFL beast in the space of 1 pre-season. The jump in performance is insane.
Not being injured helped. He showed good signs in his first year. I was surprised how athletic he was as an 18/19 year old in his first year for such a big bloke. Last year he was in and out with injuries and knowing our list management guys, I wonder if they would have kept him if Hayes didn't do his ACL.

I'd love to hear how Ladhams has gone from near delisting to absolute SANFL beast in the space of 1 pre-season. The jump in performance is insane.
The signs were there in the back half of last year. I remember going into bat for him several times as people were talking delisting and ignoring his rising form.

How has his centre square ruck work been? That was always my biggest question mark on Ladhams. His ability to accumulate possessions has always been impressive.

How has his centre square ruck work been? That was always my biggest question mark on Ladhams. His ability to accumulate possessions has always been impressive.
Very good the last couple of weeks - taps to advantage, grabbing the ball out of the ball up, and winning clearances after following up.

Ladhams was outstanding today. I missed the 3rd quarter but people told me it was the same as the the other 3 I saw. He was doing everything - winning taps, grabbing the ball out of the ruck, getting clearances - got 10, taking pack crashing marks, good at ground level, lead for the ball nicely when rested at FF and kicked 2 goals 1. The point was a 55m set shot in front of the bowling club that at the last second caught the breeze and hit the post. In the last quarter he had a set shot from 55m out in front of the Quinn stand and nailed it.

Hinkley the last couple of years has used the phrase outstanding re players dropped to the Magpies and described the way they played an average game, to justify a recall to the A grade. Pretty sure he described Motlop''s game last week against WWT as outstanding when it was average to good.

Ladhams the last 2 weeks has been the definition of outstanding and what a 100 game AFL player should be producing at SANFL level if he gets dropped and wants a recall. Ladhams won't be able to dominate his opponents and rack up numbers like the last 2 weeks in the AFL if he gets picked this year, but he is ready to play at that level and will be able to compete against anyone and will be more than just a tall player competing for the tap.
Actually it wasnt a set shot REH, it was a handball receive from Motlop. Ladhams then just nicely side-stepped a tackle, and then off one step roosted it 55m straight through the goals at mid-post height. Sublime!

That was just an amazing game by him. His ruck work was just ridiculous! I dont think his opposition got one decent tap away to advantage all day ... he just dominated! I remember watching some footage of him in the under-18's, and was stoked we got him. Now he is clearly showing the potential he had back then.

Remember when they picked him in a strong side for the first JLT game last year? He was terrible, but the coaches must have seen something a long time ago.
I call it as I see it. He was crap last season, was not even SANFL standard.

This year I'd be playing him in the AFL if Lycett was unavailable for whatever reason.

The signs were there in the back half of last year. I remember going into bat for him several times as people were talking delisting and ignoring his rising form.
You ain't no super hero bruz injuries or no injuries he was timid at times last year the improvement has been dramatic.

Remember when they picked him in a strong side for the first JLT game last year? He was terrible, but the coaches must have seen something a long time ago.
That did seem reasonable at the time though after he demolished Frampton in the ruck in the internal a couple weeks earlier.