News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

The 202cm ruckman is smart with his tap work and has the ability to push into the forward line. The Norwood prospect had an average start to the 2016 season and missed out on the national NAB AFL Draft combine. After cutting off his trademark dreadlocks to try and improve his laconic image, he delivered strong numbers at the SA draft combine, winning the running vertical jump challenge and improving his 20m sprint time and beep test.

I enjoy that for the first time since Curnow we have a ruck developing on the rookie list. IMO there should always be one spot on the rookie list to develop a ruck. Work them into a decent enough shape and even if you don't need them you can usually trade them for a pretty good pick.

On Ladhams, he doesn't have the best tap execution but he seems to often hit it to the right areas far more often than not so at least he shows some ruck IQ in that way. He'll really need to step up his game around the ground though and rack up some more footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think he has the scope to develop to a more mobile type ruck? Not sure if he's right for the modern ruck role.

I think he's every chance to develop into an AFL capable ruckman. I'm very excited by this pick.

Taaaaaalllllllssssssss

A ruck over 2 m tall is good too. Would be fantastic if he had another 2 cm or so of growth in him, but that might be unlikely.
He's listed as 204 cm on his Norwood bio, would be great if that was the most accurate measurement.