News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Played 2 games both in s**tty conditions... would love him to get a run of games where it isnt pissing down.

Do you want him to leave? We are the rain gods. :p

Who married a Vic girl, was going to move post career and got a mega deal that we didn’t go anywhere near matching in terms of money or years. Another year or two and he’d of probably stayed.

I’m pretty sure that situation doesn’t apply to Ladhams.
Ok
Make sure when he plays in victoria that he doesnt go picking up a Victorian girl.

Who married a Vic girl, was going to move post career and got a mega deal that we didn’t go anywhere near matching in terms of money or years. Another year or two and he’d of probably stayed.

That specific situation - no, probably not.

But just this idea that the clubs that players barracked for as a kid has any sort of influence on where they want to play footy is laughable.

In the case where there is alignment between the two, the clubs will roll it out as "X football club through and through, right from birth, etc." to get the nuffy members excited, but in reality it's a non-event.

While it's not a mega deal, Adelaide are offering double per year what Port are currently offering, and 3 years instead of 2. From what I've heard he doesn't want to leave, as soon as port come close to matching he'll re-sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would probably leave Ladhams until the end of the year and then look at the bigger picture?
Double the minimum pay if we rate him at all doesn't sound unreasonable for a key position player.

Have been told by someone close to Peter that he has been offered
  • 1 year at $150,000 (currently on $90,000) by Port
  • 1 year at $200,000 by the Crows (will NOT go to the Crows)
  • 3 years at $?? by Hawthorn
There are also another couple of Vic clubs interested

I find it hard to believe we'd offer him only 1 year.

Gee I wish Hawthorn would * off somewhere. They give me the irrits.

Interesting. At the moment we have contracted
Lycett contracted to end of 2023
Hayes contracted to end of 2021

IMO should give
Frampton 1 year deal, is being developing as Charlie's replacement player if injured, not Lycett's.
Ryder 1 year depending on what he does in the next 8 weeks
Ladhams 2 years.

Lock in Ladhams to end of 2021 and pay him closer to what the Hawks are offering per year.

2 years. Ruck and key positions not strong in the next 2 drafts (apparently)
Low risk... massive high reward.
Brogan is exceptionally keen for us to keep the lad.
Mentioned something about his left hand taps being a special weapon. I hope we move heaven and earth to keep him.

I would be hoping he feels a fair bit of loyalty for port backing him in through some pretty average rookie years on the list when it would have been easy to cut him (and another club likely wouldn’t have picked him up immediately)

But if port kept Ryder on a 1 yr deal and offered ladhams 1 year when far better deals are on the table elsewhere it’s hard to begrudge anyone leaving in those circumstances.

I really hope we keep him. As free agency shows us you have to overpay salary and length wise to attract players and it’s far cheaper to select and develop your own talent.