Rookie Promotion

Who gets the nod to replace Jed whilst he's on LTI

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, with Jed on the LTI, the Club will promote a rookie at some stage you'd think. If so, who will get the nod?
IIRC, the preseason race for Whitey's spot was close between Wanganeen, Ross and Heatherley, so you would suggest those boys would be in the mix.

Thoughts?

Wanganeen has already been upgraded and can't get a game. Why would we promote another?
Lowden is on the senior list and he can't get a game.
Wanganeen has already played a game.
If there is a spot available, why not upgrade? Give a kid like Ross/Heatherley a right old boost.

No need to spend the $ to upgrade someone unless we get hit hard by injury.

Litherland Kelly Sicily Wangers Schoey waiting in the wings along with Woody and Billy. Not to mention Grimley Ceglar and Lowden. Sewell and Shiels to return.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

I doubt we will elevate anyone until we need them. There is no pressing need for a KPD with Lake back and Shoey playing reasonable footy at box hill. Brand also playing well. As for Ross (the only other candidate) we are well placed for his role also. No need to rush unless someone is really banging down the door for a game in the ones or necessity dictates we need a player.

I didn't vote as no one will be upgraded until we need them. It's impossible to say who that will be now as it will depend on who we need to replace and the form of the various rookies at the time.

Leave the spot open until we need it. We have a bit of a mix in that list so we might be able to elevate someone based on their fit for the position we need filling. I.e if Lake went down we could elevate Heatherly as cover. If someone like Poppy went down then maybe Webster. My vote would be for Webster at the moment if we HAD to elevate someone. Showed real promise from all reports of the BH games

You'd think we have recruited Ross as a ready made backup should we lose a few midfielders / flankers with experience. With that in mind, I dont think the club would want Ben's first taste of AFL in three years (he spent the last two at Werribee since being delisted by north) being in round 22 if said injuries occur. I reckon they will give him a run mid year, maybe just a couple of games, so he'll be upgraded at some time. His Box Hill form will need to be solid however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back