Media Rookie Round Table #4 (Prediction Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
giphy.gif

Coming into this mysterious and crazy place that is known as the Sweet FA, it can be a bit daunting and… well, insane. There are tons of excellent posters and pieces of media that get dropped on the daily. But it’s the new kids on the block that seem to be stealing the limelight in Season 25. So I wanted to create a series that celebrates and recognises the up and coming posters; the future of the Sweet FA.

The past three Rookie Round Tables have focused on league matters, however as we approach the end of Season 25 – its #PredictionRound but with a twist.

Whichever rookie ends up being closest to the pin in their predictions, gains an extra 10 points in the race for the EKA!

Okay… so there is no truth to that statement whatsoever, rather used as a motivator to eek the best predictions out of this esteemed panel.

For this important edition, we’ll have a huge round of rookies to hear from – including the regulars in BLERN, U2tigers, GotTheGoodes and por_please_ya in addition to YearOfTheRoos and SarahSmiles.

As rookies, it can often be a bit daunting putting yourself out there. But we’ve received a massive amount of confidence and support from the Sweet FA so join us once again as we get the discussion happening.
giphy.gif

M411: This week is a little simpler, team. We're going to dip into our own respective crystal balls and put forth our predictions for the categories below, with a final takeaway from your rookie season in the SFA.

I'll kick things off.

· Melt of the Year: D2D and his well-publicised departure from the Bombers

· Best Media: Has to be Michaels for bringing back the podcast to the SFA

· beez Medal (best poster): KohPhi

· Fred Medal (leading goal-kicker): BRAB

· EKA (outside your own club): U2tigers and BLERN joint winners

· Mobbs Medal: fitzroybowiedog

· Finals Dark Horse: Bombers #3peat

· Runner Up: Roys

· Premiers: Wonders

· Most likely to become a captain in S26: Yakker

· Finals Headline: Bombers close in on historic 3peat

· Your rookie takeaway from the Sweet FA: The future of the SFA is in good hands.

We now welcome your predictions to add to the record.
s-183f5f08f394064b95bb94c11ff719c57394f790.gif

BLERN:

· Melt of the Year: BRAB

· Best Media: Tarkymetrics by tarkyn24

· beez (best poster): Yakker

· Fred Medal (leading goal-kicker): Dingster

· EKA (outside your own club): U2tigers or Matty411

· Mobbs Medal: Tommycash

· Finals Dark Horse: Wonders. Nobody is giving them much of a chance, but I feel like it’s possible.

· Runner Up: Roys

· Premiers: Hawks

· Most likely to become a captain in S26: Fryer Tuck

· Finals Headline: Resim request denied.

· Your rookie takeaway from the Sweet FA: Had a blast, met some people. Visited some places. Drunk way too much. A win or two would have been nice.
giphy.gif

U2:

· Melt of the Year: sportsmaniac89 - The Re-sim debacle

· Best Media: Michaels Podcast

· beez (best poster): SO many but for mine its Yakker just in front of KohPhi

· Fred Medal (leading goal-kicker): Dingster

· EKA (outside your own club): It would have been BLERN until his #lolnorf stuff. Just kidding. We will watch him embarrass himself up on stage when he accepts his award. He will be allowed a 30 second acceptance speech, but security will have to forcibly remove him as he just won't shut the **** up.

· Mobbs Medal: I have been on Blaze Storm all season, go the Ruckman.

· Finals Dark Horse: Furies

· Runner Up: Hawks

· Premiers: Wonders

· Most likely to become a captain in S26: Elton Johns Wig

· Finals Headline: U2tigers dominates the opposition, leads Wonders to Premiership #firsttosix (I am a Finals player)

· Your rookie takeaway from the Sweet FA: Been a great learning year, but boy am I going to let the S26 rookies have it next season.
tenor.gif

GTG:

· Melt of the Year: The SM melt was BRABlicious

· Best Media: I liked the Tribunal but that wasn't media so it'd have to be the rookie round table, wouldn't it?!

· beez (best poster): I think KohPhi deserves this. Even with the birth of a child he's still here posting & posting quality too + captaining. Gun.

· Fred Medal (leading goal-kicker): Dingster after he locks it away with a huge haul this week.

· EKA (outside your own club): Based on activity on the boards I was going to say BLERN until he revealed he was actually a fool and loves a bit of a #lolnorf every week... (btw, this fool fellow was never in the SFA was he??)

· Mobbs Medal: If you had the Deestroy on here he would've been there so instead ant555 can go here. Had a great season I think.

· Finals Dark Horse: Swampies/Roys

· Runner Up: Royals

· Premiers: Swampies/Roys

· Most likely to become a captain in S26: The flathead himself, the mighty Yakman

· Finals Headline: Admin under fire after failed resim demands made public.

· Your rookie takeaway from the Sweet FA: It’s all fun & games until someone cops a Bomber in the eye.
980x.gif

PPY:

· Melt of the Year: Dawn to Dark

· Best Media: Escape from Dragon Island fanfic by BLERN

· beez (best poster): KohPhi

· EKA (outside your own club): BLERN

· Mobbs Medal: Blaze Storm

· Finals Dark Horse: Furies

· Runner Up: Bombers

· Finals Headline: Baghdad Bombed By Hawks

· Your rookie takeaway from the Sweet FA: Connecting with players outside your own club makes for an even richer experience
giphy.gif

SS:

· Melt of the Year: BRAB's melt at SM

· Best Media: U2tigers and his honorary Wonders member thread

· beez (best poster): Matty411 for the rookie round table

· Fred Medal (leading goal-kicker): haydo after he kicks 20 in the final round to win by a singular goal

· EKA (outside your own club): Multiple was tie between all rookies but me

· Mobbs Medal: RodneyDangerfield

· Finals Dark Horse: The Swamprats

· Runner Up: The Swamprats

· Premiers: The Wonders

· Finals Headline: Wonders win by a mile. Everyone rues not becoming an honorary member

· Your rookie takeaway from the Sweet FA: Great board, great people, great banter. s**t BLERN
giphy.gif

YOTR:

· Melt of the Year: NaturalDisaster – I just can’t choose which one

· Best Media: SFA Purge Night. Bring back the biff.

· beez (best poster): TheCoach16

· Mobbs Medal: por_please_ya

· Finals Dark Horse: Gumbies

· Runner Up: Bombers

· Most likely to become a captain in S26: becpics

· Finals Headline: Tony Lynn 15 too busy drinking his own bath water to notice Loonerty lurking in the shadows

· Your rookie takeaway from the Sweet FA: Chinese food. Who doesn't like some kung pow chicken?
HSTwUr7.gif

Not content with the contributions of our regulars on Rookie Round Table, I’ve also sought the thoughts of other rookies going round – with a Special Guest in Tigerturbulance lending his predictions to the table.

Tigerturbulance:

· Melt of the Year: Fighting Furies team over captain’s challenge

· Best Media: Amazon Fire TV Stick

· beez (best poster): @ rfctiger74

· Fred Medal (leading goal-kicker): Helen Wheels

· Mobbs Medal: Blaze Storm

· Finals Dark Horse: Sin City Swamprats

· Runner Up: West Coast Wonders

· Premiers: Fighting Furies

· Most likely to become a captain in S26: NaturalDisaster

· Finals Headline: Fighting Furies Win Fighting Furies

· Your rookie takeaway from the Sweet FA: This is a place full of nut case, passionate, mentally challenged, degenerate, self-opinionated, soap box loving, deranged campaigners; and I’m loving it!
20530845.gif

Well, that’s it for the Rookie Round Table Prediction Edition. The pressure is on for guys like BLERN, Blaze Storm, Yakker, KohPhi, BRAB and Dingster to finish strong and take out their respective category as is the consensus.

Stay tuned for a finals edition of the #RRT in the coming weeks, and stay classy.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Pretty sure that result already came out when we wrote our answers :p
I think i got several of my prediction right.

Even got my headlines prediction secured before the finals technically started

I think i got several of my prediction right.

Even got my headlines prediction secured before the finals technically started
Holy s**t you did

Remove this Banner Ad

Back