Rookie wish list??

Remove this Banner Ad

B Wilson must be considered to slow to get a look in. Where are we in the rookie order after GC and Wc? What number is our first pick

From memory I think our first pick is pick 11 in the rookie draft.

GWS have picks 1 - 8, GC pick 9, WCE pick 10 then us.

Wanted the tiges to look at the two Nth Ballarat players in Isaac Smith & Matt Sharkey. Unfortunately the dawks picked up Smith at pick 19 in the draft.
Sharkey is a bit older at 25, but is well worth a spot on the rookie list. Smart player who plays HB and hits the target 99.9 % of the time. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going back a few months ago some reporter reported that we were trying to hide him at a lower league. Theres a couple of articles he wrote if you google the kids name & i havnt heard anymore about it.

Going back a few months ago some reporter reported that we were trying to hide him at a lower league. Theres a couple of articles he wrote if you google the kids name & i havnt heard anymore about it.

It would suggest that the initial decree from our coach to the recruiters was not taken lightly. Scour the country and find talent wherever you can. good stuff. As we all well know there are always talented players playing in lower leagues that go to waste. All they need is to be found. ;)

I'd suggest though that unless he has received an invitation to train with the club prior to the rookie draft he isn't much of a chance, possible that Rustof may know him??

FJ should scout the cairns league is a fair bit of talent coming through might find a player, just my 2 cents worth.

What about that Barden kid should be on the who RFC want to rookie list, surely, i reckon hes worth a punt.

Why wouldn't the club consider Steve Clifton if it is considering Myles Sewell? Both are excellent VFL premiership players, similar age, who likely have the ability to go up a level, but Clifton was better this year.
If one fell through, I reckon the other would be as good.
Another older recruit worth considering is Orren Stephenson as a back up ruckman.

So how many picks do we have guys in the rookie draft?? I like Dracy Barden to.

From HUN - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cameron-bruce-to-train-with-hawks/story-e6frf9jf-1225959437444

PERMISSION TO TRAIN LIST
Adelaide - Ian Callinan (Central Districts)

Brisbane Lions – Albert Proud (Brisbane Lions), Broc McCauley (Brisbane Lions)
Carlton – Rhys O'Keeffe (Carlton)
Collingwood – Paul Cribbin (County Kildare, Ireland)
Essendon – Chris Molitor (West Adelaide), Jay Neagle (Essendon), Tyson Slattery (Essendon)
Fremantle - John Anthony (Collingwood), Ben Bucovaz (Fremantle), Justin Monaco (East Fremantle), Brock O'Brien (Fremantle), Tim Ruffles (Fremantle)
Geelong - nil
Gold Coast - Nathan Ablett (Geelong Cats / Broadbeach), Jake Crawford (Pamona), Joel Tippett (Brisbane Lions / Southport)
Hawthorn – Cameron Bruce (Melbourne), Travis Tuck (Hawthorn)
Melbourne – Corey Buchan (Dandenong Stingrays), Corey Cassidy (Oakleigh Chargers), Brad Harvey (Eastern Ranges), Paul Johnson (Melbourne), Cameron Johnston (Geelong Falcons), Alex McLeod (Calder Cannons), Tom McNamara (Melbourne)
North Melbourne – Matthew O’Dwyer (Sydney Swans)
Port Adelaide - Matthew Westhoff (Port Adelaide), Nathan Daniel (Port Adelaide), Tom Jonas (Port Adelaide), Nick Liddle (South Adelaide)
RichmondJayke Barrack (Coburg), Ben Clifton (Coburg), Andy Duhau (Coburg), Brendan Fewster (Coburg), Ben Jakobi (Coburg), Tom Hislop (Richmond), Bachar Houli (Essendon), Justin Kahlefedt (Coburg), Tom Lucin (Coburg), Brad Miller (Melbourne)
St Kilda – nil
Sydney – Eugene Krueger (East Coast Eagles), Garry Moss (Hawthorn)
West Coast - Tim Houlihan (West Coast), Blayne Wilson (Peel Thunder)
Western Bulldogs – Ed Barlow (Sydney Swans), Mitch Hahn (Western Bulldogs), Daniel Hughes (Melbourne)

----------------

Anyone know much about the Coburg guys training with us?
Height, weights, positions etc etc
Personally, i saw Kahlefelt a few times this year and didnt think he could step up to AFL level.
From memory, i think Jakobi looked good across half back (i think that was him?) and Fewster (i think is a decent size, maybe KPP) seemed to move well.

But really i didnt pay enough attention to any other than Kahlefelt to really say anything with much confidence.

Anyone else seen much of them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back