Media Rookies these days....

Remove this Banner Ad

fun dreamworks GIF

The likes of @Hate, @TheInjuryFactory, @manangatang spent their first season or so sticking to match threads and team threads, understanding the concept before branching out.
I agree. They should all win the Season 35 EKA. :moustache:

When I got recruited by NaturalDisaster to the Furies they had a tough love program for rookies.
The Furies kept me in a dumpster outside the Hippodrome for my whole rookie season.
I was only allowed out for gamedays, punch ons in the carpark and the occasional holiday to Banhammer Prison.

Now look at me all these seasons later a caring wonderful well balanced poster who ensures love and harmony is spread across the SWEET FA, a model qooty player :innocent:

Moral to the story: spare the rod, spoil the rookie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Golumless recruited me, then didn't tell me I was supposed to post in match threads until about my 3rd season...

What can I say, the trick to generating high activity is to get people in with the promise of doing nothing, then drop that truth bomb later.

The EKA is a crap award anyway with no real status, unlike the Rising Star.

The EKA, to me is like a "Brown Logie", a politically constructed compromise with rigged votes and ADMIN
hovering over the whole charade like Dr Frankenstein over his created monster. The EKA is a product you
designed that basically means nothing and is an albatross around the neck of those who will seek it.

The Rising Star is voted by a Rookie's actual peers, well, last years Rooks anyway, but this gives it the
distinction of having real credibility. Something the EKA could only dream of, were it capable of dreaming
which it isn't of course.

Mrs Turbo can crap on about her shiny badge or whatever it is but the EKA doesn't even do any "Merch".
I rest my case.

View attachment 1700311

PS.

View attachment 1700312
Everyone who is anyone in the SFA knows that the SFA true awards are recognised with a Badge...
Can you show me your Rising Star badge again, please Sun Ra

BTW - anyone can create mech. and I have an OOB T-shirt to prove it (if I recall correctly this is with much thanks to Braklet )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back