Remove this Banner Ad

princey

Debutant
Oct 2, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hey guys just wondering what rookies everyone is looking to target this year

Essendon's

We arent going to have as many as some think and are realying on.

All the too state league players will be based on avgs in the VFL which will be very high and im not sure these guys will even get a consistant go. The club will be looking to exposure guys on the actual list with contracts past a year.

All the too state league players will be based on avgs in the VFL which will be very high

Do you have evidence of this?

So the state league players that got drafted because they were better then the VFL players that didn't get drafted are going to be priced cheaper? that does not make sense.

ie. M.Brown is at a rookie price, Polkinghorn will be priced at his VFL average??????

To me that is ridiculous. If that is what AFL Fantasy are doing, it is completely stupid.

Do you have evidence of this?

So the state league players that got drafted because they were better then the VFL players that didn't get drafted are going to be priced cheaper? that does not make sense.

ie. M.Brown is at a rookie price, Polkinghorn will be priced at his VFL average??????

To me that is ridiculous. If that is what AFL Fantasy are doing, it is completely stupid.

They will likely provide a discount on that avg.

The new draftees have been based on their avgs in junior comps.

The players have to had played afl either in 2014 or 2015 so it will likely be off that avg or with a discount on that avg.

Ie: look at Kerridge, Jaegar ect who didnt play last year but did the year before or Petracca as an example

The new draftees have been based on their avgs in junior comps.

No they are not. They get priced on their draft position. Not their underage average.

For example:
Weidman averaged ~50 in Fantasy in juniors. His price is 216,00
Schache averaged ~90 in fantasy in juniors. His price is 232,000
Weitering averaged ~50 in Fantasy in juniors. His price is 232,000 (same as Schache)
(I could make this list with all the draftees to prove my point)

I wont even go into the division 2 u/18 players that average well over 100+.

The players have to had played afl either in 2014 or 2015 so it will likely be off that avg or with a discount on that avg.

Ie: look at Kerridge, Jaegar ect who didnt play last year but did the year before or Petracca as an example

I understand that, but the players you mentioned were good enough to still be in the AFL system. The top up players are not good enough to be in the AFL system, hence they are playing lower level football.

I understand the logic of previous averages applied to current AFL players, but to me, someone that is not good enough to get drafted should be at rookie price.

No they are not. They get priced on their draft position. Not their underage average.

For example:
Weitering averaged ~50 in Fantasy in juniors. His price is 232,000 (same as Schache)

I understand that, but the players you mentioned were good enough to still be in the AFL system. The top up players are not good enough to be in the AFL system, hence they are playing lower level football.

I understand the logic of previous averages applied to current AFL players, but to me, someone that is not good enough to get drafted should be at rookie price.

Correct, draftees are priced somehow to do with the draft pick they went at in the draft.

Still, someone has to get a few touches and tackles that are going to be worthy of fantasy points. Finding out who that rookie is may take a while but I can guarantee (jinxed I bet) there will be one absolute bargain that we will find out of this.

For example:

Whys Parish priced more then Weitering if in draft position.

It takes both into calculations

Whys Parish priced more then Weitering if in draft position.

It takes both into calculations

I am interested so I will draw up a table tonight. There is something else there.

At second glance the players get priced based on their draft position.

Poor fantasy stats in juniors seem to have no effect on the price. Nor season length injuries (Mills).

Good fantasy stats in juniors (or potentially a bias from AFL dream team staff) seem to inflate some draftees from their draft ranking.

I have a feeling it is going to be more bias or just state championships. Will be interesting to see the division 2 players verse division 1 players.

I think that the TAC cup averages won't be counted because for example players playing in wafl/SANFL seniors are in a completely different level, same with NSW boys playing in newcastle (where they wouldn't even keep stats).

Last edited:
Come on put a few names forward. Stop holding back. Everyone likes to look but not present.

Here's a few I have listed that came from one of the absolute top Fantasy coach. I have done very little or no research.

Ben Cheeney (Bris)
Jacob Hooper (Bris)
Brayden Fiorini (GC)
Darcy Parich (Ess)
& forgotten Nick Komer (Ess)
Possibly Nathan Freeman

Last edited:
Come on put a few names forward. Stop holding back. Everyone likes to look but not present.

Here's a few I have listed that came from one of the absolute top Fantasy coach. I have done very little or no research.

Ben Cheeney (Bris)
Jacob Hooper (Bris)
Brayden Fiorini (GC)
Darcy Parich (Ess)
Mitch Mal (Ess)
& forgotten Nick Komer (Ess)
Possibly Nathan Freeman
whos the top fantasy coach?

Whos Mitch Mal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whos the top fantasy coach?

Whos Mitch Mal?
It was an interview on a the traders podcast and the girl they were interviewing really had already done plenty of research. She knew all their average possessions etc. I just listened and wrote down names. So Mitch Mal might be wrong and just sound something like it. When Fantasy starts I will work out who it should be.

It was an interview on a the traders podcast and the girl they were interviewing really had already done plenty of research. She knew all their average possessions etc. I just listened and wrote down names. So Mitch Mal might be wrong and just sound something like it. When Fantasy starts I will work out who it should be.
Which episode?

I am interested so I will draw up a table tonight. There is something else there.

At second glance the players get priced based on their draft position.

Poor fantasy stats in juniors seem to have no effect on the price. Nor season length injuries (Mills).

Good fantasy stats in juniors (or potentially a bias from AFL dream team staff) seem to inflate some draftees from their draft ranking.

I have a feeling it is going to be more bias or just state championships. Will be interesting to see the division 2 players verse division 1 players.

I think that the TAC cup averages won't be counted because for example players playing in wafl/SANFL seniors are in a completely different level, same with NSW boys playing in newcastle (where they wouldn't even keep stats).
Its clearly a combination of Draft Position & Fantasy Position

Weitering is cheaper than Parish because he is a defender

Dont think its based off junior averages.

In other news how the actual * is Petracca still $238k - apparently according to AFL Fantasy he wasnt injured for an entire year, pricks.

Yes, that person is Nat Edwards and the reason she knows a lot about the draftees is because she has her own AFL.com.au show and podcast relating to the draft. However, do not take all the names she read out because some of them are overhyped and there are much better rookies available.

Yes, that person is Nat Edwards and the reason she knows a lot about the draftees is because she has her own AFL.com.au show and podcast relating to the draft. However, do not take all the names she read out because some of them are overhyped and there are much better rookies available.

You obviously know your stuff and thx for keeping me informed, I will try and find some more of her threads because she was very informative.

I do hope people do pass on rookie info. There are so many rookies and its hard to keep track of them with all the hype you'd think they will all be stars. I think a lot of people read threads like this but so many people are trying to hold back and keep info to their chests.

Last year I certainly missed Oxley and another mature defender. Traded them in quick but realistically they should have been in my team as starters.

Let's see some sharing. If you don't get the right rookies to start with it doesn't matter what the rest of your team is like you're a mile behind and you don't catch up easily.

You obviously know your stuff and thx for keeping me informed, I will try and find some more of her threads because she was very informative.

I do hope people do pass on rookie info. There are so many rookies and its hard to keep track of them with all the hype you'd think they will all be stars. I think a lot of people read threads like this but so many people are trying to hold back and keep info to their chests.

Last year I certainly missed Oxley and another mature defender. Traded them in quick but realistically they should have been in my team as starters.

Let's see some sharing. If you don't get the right rookies to start with it doesn't matter what the rest of your team is like you're a mile behind and you don't catch up easily.
Watch the DT Talk website for rookie posts. Jeppa's Juniors and other rookie-info articles should be up soon.

Wouldnt be hard.

Whats be going to average? Maybe 70 with avg/poor JS

I think people are getting carried away personally with the top ups and him.

Not saying i wont be starting him but hes not a lock like some are suggesting for me right now.

May have avg 110 in VFL if it was that but M.Brown also avg 90 odd at VFL they wont be getting anywhere near that in the worst side in the comp seen for 10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back