Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Far be it from me to support animal cruelty, or cast aspersions on our board members that live in Mandurah, but surely this was a omen https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/pe...lty-joey-beheaded-in-halls-head-ng-b88841578z

I'm looking forward to this game, had it pencilled in at the start of the year as a definite win but now it's a chance to see if we are actually do have a team that can be competitive in the mid tier of the table this year.

It's one of those 50:50 games now we must win.

Go Freo

I've had a bad feeling about this one all week. Then woke up today and thought we'll bury them in a low scoring encounter.

These sorts of days are made for midfields to dominate and I'll be staggered if their tall forwards rip this game apart.

We'll lock it in. Repeat entries and grind away at building a lead. Just a pure weight of numbers type win.

Something like a 75-60 type win, but never in doubt.

Blakely off half back very important. Ball to come to ground and need his sweeping ability.

Matera to kick 3 too.

It's all in this post people, feel free to bookmark and quote later when spot on.

I've had a bad feeling about this one all week. Then woke up today and thought we'll bury them in a low scoring encounter.

These sorts of days are made for midfields to dominate and I'll be staggered if their tall forwards rip this game apart.

We'll lock it in. Repeat entries and grind away at building a lead. Just a pure weight of numbers type win.

Something like a 75-60 type win, but never in doubt.

Blakely off half back very important. Ball to come to ground and need his sweeping ability.

Matera to kick 3 too.

It's all in this post people, feel free to bookmark and quote later when spot on.
Im the same, This is one of those season defining games imo

I would love to see a win, but I cant decide if the inclement weather suits us better or them :(
I do think we will be in it up to our eyeballs for the first half, just concerned as to if we can run out a full game.
As much as I love Johnno (and should support him as his buddy!) but I agree that his lack of pace will be magnified today if it stays wet....for the 400 Billion or whatever the hell it was to build the stadium, they should have just whacked a roof on it too :)!!!
I hope our skills dont disintegrate with the wet ball.
Them by 10 or 12.........goals :(
Sorry, trying to be positive, but just cant see it. I pray to the God of football that I am completely 100% wrong!!

Game will be the best indicator of where we're at this season so far IMO, both are young squads with a few veterans and sprinkled with players traded there. Both on a rebuild with little expectation other than improvement.

Definitely winnable, game will be won from the coaches box combined with economical football. If we butcher the ball and kick high balls down the line in these conditions, we'll be spent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a wet and low scoring contest. Whoever gets a good start should win. Whoever performs bad is replaced by giro next weekend. Hopefully our small forwards can get the job done. Maybe a late change due to the wet ?

I'm expecting us to be competitive but worried our inability to generate clean ball for our forwards will be exacerbated by the conditions.
North a little better organised at the moment and too many scoring avenues.
Them by 4-5 goals.

Good luck guys. The game shapes as being indicative of things to come for both clubs, I'm hoping for a ripper. If the conditions are bad I'm not sure that we'll downsize the squad. We played tall as * in the monsoon round 1 and have all but refused to adapt our squad to the opposition.

Expecting a grind in the middle with occasional short periods of dominance by the both of us, conversion during those periods will be critical. Really looking forward to the ruck battle, Goldy's 200th and his form has been good then bad then good then bad then great so who knows what we'll get this week!

Best of luck and hopefully no injuries!

Game will be the best indicator of where we're at this season so far IMO, both are young squads with a few veterans and sprinkled with players traded there. Both on a rebuild with little expectation other than improvement.

Definitely winnable, game will be won from the coaches box combined with economical football. If we butcher the ball and kick high balls down the line in these conditions, we'll be spent.
Both squads might be young but our 22 is MUCH younger than theirs.

I think the rain helps because we have no notable tall forwards and theirs are their strongest suit. Still think the bigger bodies in the wet make the difference.

What is the weather doing in perth right now? how wet is it - rain come and gone or more on the way?

Cheers

I live fairly close and it's been very patchy. The occasional shower with the sun poking out in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back