Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't the Melbourne City Council own it? Have they given it to us?

We don't have freehold no.

The Dogs did very well to get that by leveraging their W program and community programs, but they have an easier council/legislation to manage.

I think we're working on it though

I think warlord is saying it will replace public access to our current facility and we will be able to use the public space too. ?

Which I don't think is the case at all.

I've seen nothing in the scheme to suggest Arden St Oval becomes closed for public use.

The intention of the scheme is to increase public green space for the expected population increase with the urban development, not accommodate the football club by building an oval so we could use our current one exclusively.

The second oval will certainly enable people to use a public oval whilst training is being conducted, which I imagine is a big gripe with local non-football loving residents.

I don't think there is any way Arden St gets handed to North, we don't even own the building, let alone the oval.

Schemes like the turf funding drive would be to pay the extra/over difference between the councils standard budget for sporting ovals and the requirement to have a world class training surface by the club. Which the council certainly wont pay for.

It would be akin to any other local football club asking their local council to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars extra to make their surface one of the best in the country.

Which I don't think is the case at all.

I've seen nothing in the scheme to suggest Arden St Oval becomes closed for public use.

The intention of the scheme is to increase public green space for the expected population increase with the urban development, not accommodate the football club by building an oval so we could use our current one exclusively.

The second oval will certainly enable people to use a public oval whilst training is being conducted, which I imagine is a big gripe with local non-football loving residents.

I don't think there is any way Arden St gets handed to North, we don't even own the building, let alone the oval.

Schemes like the turf funding drive would be to pay the extra/over difference between the councils standard budget for sporting ovals and the requirement to have a world class training surface by the club. Which the council certainly wont pay for.

It would be akin to any other local football club asking their local council to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars extra to make their surface one of the best in the country.

Never say never. Especially with Sonja and Jen at the helm.

Yep, and the one we have now stops being a public oval.

So we get an oval out of it.

(My understanding is we'll still be able to use the other one as required too)
that would absolutely be a build a 15 foot statue of the prez level of achievement if they pull that off

Huge balance sheet implications which exactly what Dogs did - transformed theirs.

Yes, transformational stuff. We need that.

Means they can borrow to pay off the kid their staffer abused for years too.

I suggest that you should consider this an objective of the club rather than something you will read in planning submissions for land use currently before council and government.
I get that the club wants it, but that's very different from the council handing over the title and us putting up a fence around the ground.....

I get that the club wants it, but that's very different from the council handing over the title and us putting up a fence around the ground.....
As long as crap is mayor of Melbourne her and her greenie mates will make sure we get NOTHING more then we deserve to get.
But on the other hand if our colours were Black and White we would get the world with Statures and all.
Speaking of Statures what ever happened to those great Statures that the late Brian ‘Skinny’ Martyn -RIP donated?
Thought they had a presence.

As long as crap is mayor of Melbourne her and her greenie mates will make sure we get NOTHING more then we deserve to get.
But on the other hand if our colours were Black and White we would get the world with Statures and all.
Speaking of Statures what ever happened to those great Statures that the late Brian ‘Skinny’ Martyn -RIP donated?
Thought they had a presence.

Crapp isn't my cup of tea, but she's no Green and they did get anywhere near power at CoM we'd be in serious trouble.

Its why we have to be so softly softly on this stuff - last thing we need is bunch of retiured teachers in their beautifully restored terraces chaining themselves to the fence to protest the lOsS oF pUbLiC sPaCe

Wait and see what actually happens here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think anyone has suggested that the council has already handed over the title and the club is in the process of putting a fence around the ground.

I don't know if the council can even hand over the title if it wants to?

I don't think anyone has suggested that the council has already handed over the title and the club is in the process of putting a fence around the ground.
I mean, the entire reason I asked for a source & this discussion continued, was based on this comment Warlord made.

1707268841038.png

But from his and your responses, this just sounds like speculation. So we dont have a private oval, we would just like one.

I mean, the entire reason I asked for a source & this discussion continued, was based on this comment Warlord made.

View attachment 1900286

But from his and your responses, this just sounds like speculation. So we dont have a private oval, we would just like one.

Yes, for the moment, it is speculation. We don't have a private oval. And I doubt the club would make a public facing application for title on the current Arden St oval and adjoining land at least until the decision is finalised on the use of the land north of Fogarty St. It would be wise to get that large parcel of land designated community green space before any changes are discussed in public over the status of our grounds. That would be an own goal otherwise.

View attachment 1900286

We certainly see us getting exclusive access to our current oval as part of the wider redevelopment

These things tend to be Crown land, managed (the actual word escapes me, but you get the drift) by councils. You sign a lease with the Council but the state minister for lands has to sign off on it (which is a formality but still has to be done).

Crapp isn't my cup of tea, but she's no Green and they did get anywhere near power at CoM we'd be in serious trouble.

Its why we have to be so softly softly on this stuff - last thing we need is bunch of retiured teachers in their beautifully restored terraces chaining themselves to the fence to protest the lOsS oF pUbLiC sPaCe

Wait and see what actually happens here
Crap is a buffoon like all people that hold power in local government plus we had the colours of black and white we be getting the world giving to us.
I had a previous life in local government and this BS and it is BS going softly softly doesn’t work you have to be Fu:king Ruthless with these people it’s the only way there will learn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back